SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

database connection for primavera p6

database connection for primavera p6

Author
sabin_ionut_achiriloaie
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
hi,
I've installed P6 Stand Alone version without the sample projects, following all your advices from above, but after I finish configuration of the database I get the following message when trying to log in (log in name: admin, password: admin) "Current license file is not valid for this version. Please contact your supervisor." After I press twice ok, another message appears: "Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme txt. for more information. After reading the readme txt file, I tried to find Admin-License tab but no luck.
Please help me.
thank you,
sabin
fatih_tomcat
fatih_tomcat
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Thanks a lot, finally i can solved this problem..i can running PE6 with that solutions..:-)
sabin_ionut_achiriloaie
sabin_ionut_achiriloaie
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

hi to everybody again.
although i see is quit an old topic I'm facing now the same issue: ’Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme.txt for more information’. i have no idea where to find this path indicated:"Admin -> Users then select Licensing tab, and delete Named user licenses and mark the Concurrent licenses." i've tried in all folders created by primavera and no luck.
to be mentioned that my system is w7 ultimate.
appreciate your help,
sabin
hari111284
hari111284
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

sulaiman.saeed (6/17/2008)
mailgoran (4/24/2008)
When I try to log to Primavera P6 and put admin,admin I :

Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;

Do you have that problem ?
Do you solve that ?

I have the same problem. I downloaded v3 and v6 but same problem ANY HELP
i am usesing windows XP 2002 SP2
khalid.choudhry9
khalid.choudhry9
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)

[email][/email]
khalid.choudhry9
khalid.choudhry9
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)

Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;
zineddine.makram
zineddine.makram
Forum Newbie

hi,please i don't run primavera 6 , Can help me how to do the connection please gice me all steps?
my e_mail: zineddine_makram@yahoo.fr
thank you a lot
rantonch
rantonch
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

I'm running into this problem, have you found the answer to this yet?
woutc_4625
woutc_4625
Forum Newbie

pablo-1087167 (5/10/2009)
Still having trouble? Try this on windows vista 32bit:

1. Install P6 as a standalone.
2. Do not install sample Projects.

After installing reboot your PC. Try to login with User- admin Password- admin.
Then you will get message "Server not configured"
Now Start Here-
1. Click the tab beside database PMDB
2 You will see "Edit Database Connections"
3 Click Configure
4 Check Database alias= PMDB
5 Select Driver type = Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Express
6 Click Next and you will at Configure SQL Server Connection
7 Now here you should enter following -
Host Name = your computer name-PC\PRIMAVERA Please change the character to / and it will work fine Saludos Cerilio Wouter

(if you open My Computer you will find your computer name at bottomleft corner or open Device Manager your computer name will be at the top)

Database Name = pmdb$primavera

8 Go to next screen and Do not change anything!! , click Next to Validate database connection, 9

9 Go ahed by clicking Next, Check Connection Successful!! Dialog & Finish

Follow the same procedure for Methodology Management Database
Host Name will be the same
Database will be MMDB
Database name will be mmdb$primavera

Rest of all as above.

arashhei
arashhei
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

hi,
I've installed P6 Stand Alone version without the sample projects, following all your advices from above, but after I finish configuration of the database I get the following message when trying to log in (log in name: admin, password: admin) "Current license file is not valid for this version. Please contact your supervisor." After I press twice ok, another message appears: "Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme txt. for more information. After reading the readme txt file, I tried to find Admin-License tab but no luck.
Please help me.
thank you,
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.