SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

ssrs with rectangle cuases first page to be blank

ssrs with rectangle cuases first page to be blank

Author
wendy elizabeth
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
In an SSRS 2008 r2 report I have 6 matrixes that I placed into 1 rectangle so that all the individual items do not float.
The problem is that the first page of the ssrs 2008 r2 report is blank when the report is executing.

I have set the report properties to: landscape, custom paper size, width 14" and height = 11". The report properties are width

14 inches and the height is 11 inches. The body properties keep changing to 26.75719 inches and width = 13.54667 inches.

If there is no property that can be set, then should I have more than one rectangle? To place the objects into separate

rectangles, I want to mention that that there is a header matrix and a summary rectangle that need to be shared. Matrix #2 and

Matrix #3 are for students in grades 01 to 08. Matrix #4 and #5 are for students in grades 09 to 12.

I have seen the following link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/825fc82c-6259-4f59-a270-a96037a9026b/fit-all-rectangles-on-one-page?forum=visiogeneral. In here it says print scaling -> Page Setup -> Print Setup -> Fit to ..., however I do not see these options in ssrs. If that link is not referring to visio, how would I find these options in SSRS?

Can you tell me what I can do so that I do not have a blank first page when the SSRS 2008 R2 report is executing?
gbritton1
gbritton1
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)Say Hey Kid (665 reputation)

Is the rectangle at position (0,0) ?
wendy elizabeth
wendy elizabeth
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Yes the rectangle was originally at Is the rectangle at position (0,0). I tried to change the location to (0.5, 0.5) and had the same problem. Thus I put the position back to (0,0).

Also:
When I set the border of the rectangle to solid, I can see the rectangle when the SSRS report is executing. The rectangle appears before any of the matrixes are displayed. However when I look at the rectangle in design mode, the rectangle is around all 6 of the matrixes.

Thus could you tell me why the rectangle is displayed in a different location when the report is executing and not around all the matrixes at that point?
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.