SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Throttle a Query in Mid-Execution

Throttle a Query in Mid-Execution

Author
jgates 94283
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
How does wasting someone else's time, with something that's not even in any way funny get published? And why have SQLServerCentral left this garbage on-line? Would it be funny for me to send you an invoice for my time?
david.wright-948385
david.wright-948385
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

jgates 94283 (4/2/2013)
How does wasting someone else's time, with something that's not even in any way funny get published? And why have SQLServerCentral left this garbage on-line? Would it be funny for me to send you an invoice for my time?

Msg 9999, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Out of humour error encountered.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)SSC Guru (139K reputation)

Group: Administrators
jgates 94283 (4/2/2013)

Apologies if you did not find any humor in this. Lots of people did and it was just in jest

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
david.wright-948385
david.wright-948385
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/3/2013)
jgates 94283 (4/2/2013)

Apologies if you did not find any humor in this. Lots of people did and it was just in jest
Please keep the humour coming Steve - it's the only thing that keeps us sane w00t
SQLCharger
SQLCharger
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (524 reputation)

Hey,

I almost fell for it - went to my TraceFlags list to check 'how on earth have I missed this one!'

It was a good April Fool's post, get over it:-D

Cheers,

JohnA

MCM: SQL2008
bsenior
bsenior
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)

Man, I read this on the 4th, so wasn't expecting an April fools joke. As I was reading it, I was thinking, Man the number of times this woulda been helpful is incredible!
Then I got down to your admission... Sad
If only eh Smile
quackhandle1975
quackhandle1975
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

For jgates:

"A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done." ;-)

Dwight D Eisenhower

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.