SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Odd men out

Odd men out

Author
M&M
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Odd men out

M&M
bitbucket-25253
bitbucket-25253
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.1K reputation)

I can not believe that people are answering INCORRECTLY ..

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read

Before posting a performance problem please read
thoover
thoover
Old Hand
Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)Old Hand (361 reputation)

I wish I would read the entire question. I didn't catch that two answers were required. Found the most obvious answer and went for it. DUH!
Tom Thomson
Tom Thomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

bitbucket-25253 (9/3/2011)
I can not believe that people are answering INCORRECTLY ..

What gets me is that 15% picked Steve.

Mind you, 19% not picking HH is a bit surprising too.

Tom

Håvard
Håvard
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (183 reputation)

I am definitely not new to Sql Server, and I got it wrong.
I don't know why it was important to test our knowledge on Sql Server celebrities.
I have got many questions wrong, but often I invest some time on reading on the subjects, which leads to me really learning something.
How am I supposed to learn anything from this?
Stuart Davies
Stuart Davies
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.4K reputation)

Not sure about this one really - bit like asking a motor mechanic who designed the body of the car he was tuning the engine of - he may not know but it doesn't stop him from doing his job effectively.

-------------------------------
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Smart way to ask a question

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx
Schadenfreude-Mei
Schadenfreude-Mei
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

Its a bit of fun!
Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Zacks

-------------------------------------------

Be Nice, Or Leave
Michael Lysons
Michael Lysons
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

Oh, how I love QotD and the ever-amusing forum thread.
rfr.ferrari
rfr.ferrari
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

funny and good question!!!!

rfr.ferrari
DBA - SQL Server 2008
MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!

Rich Weissler
Rich Weissler
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Stuart Davies (9/5/2011)
Not sure about this one really - bit like asking a motor mechanic who designed the body of the car he was tuning the engine of - he may not know but it doesn't stop him from doing his job effectively.

MmmmoooooOOOOMMM!
Stuart called me a motor mechanic!!

(Can you tell I've been refereeing the kids over a long weekend? *ponder* Perhaps if I'd been a mechanic though, I'd be able to work closer to home.)

(I'll just defend myself with the knowledge that motor mechanics don't get to answer questions on the topic of humor. Oh wait... Maybe they do. :heheSmile

Back to the question. Ironically there was one name on the list I didn't recognize. I won't say who. I'll just say, even after reading a bit about him, I still have no clue who he is. It's not like he has a blog or anything... ;-) He's not even my type. Maybe if it'd been Judy Garland, Amisha Patel, or Drew Barrymore, it would have leap out at me more readily.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.