SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server Job Steps

SQL Server Job Steps

Author
Abi Chapagai
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL Server Job Steps
UMG Developer
UMG Developer
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Thanks for the question!
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)

A bit easy, but still 40% (at the moment) got it wrong Blink

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
M&M
M&M
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)

Thanks for the question. Easy one. :-)

M&M
Balance
Balance
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)

They got it wrong because they are using 2005 & the question doesn't specify the version and I suspect most businesses are still using 2005 for production systems.
Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSCoach
SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)

A good question. It would have been a great question if the author had not forgotten to specify the version - Powershell is not supported in SQL Server 2005, so that might cause some incorrect replies.

It was a nice touch to indicate the number of answers that has to be checked. Though this makes it easier as well - since there were only five options, I knew I had the correct answer as soon as I identified the one incorrect option. Would it not have been simpler to ask us to check the option that is NOT a job step and require only a single answer?

I hope to see more questions from this contributor.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Chris Houghton
Chris Houghton
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (896 reputation)SSC Eights! (896 reputation)SSC Eights! (896 reputation)SSC Eights! (896 reputation)SSC Eights! (896 reputation)SSC Eights! (896 reputation)SSC Eights! (896 reputation)SSC Eights! (896 reputation)

Good question and not too difficult. I did my certs in 2008 and so my natural inclination was to answer the question with that version in mind :-D
cengland0
cengland0
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Hugo Kornelis (3/24/2011)
A good question. It would have been a great question if the author had not forgotten to specify the version - Powershell is not supported in SQL Server 2005, so that might cause some incorrect replies.

It was a nice touch to indicate the number of answers that has to be checked. Though this makes it easier as well - since there were only five options, I knew I had the correct answer as soon as I identified the one incorrect option. Would it not have been simpler to ask us to check the option that is NOT a job step and require only a single answer?

I hope to see more questions from this contributor.

Ah, that explains it. If it didn't say "Select Four," I would have gotten the question wrong because I frequently create Steps in Jobs have never seen "Powershell" or "Reporting Services Report Subscriptions" options so I would have only selected 3. I use 2005 and had to look this one up before answering to find the proper 4th option.
Surii
Surii
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (813 reputation)SSC Eights! (813 reputation)SSC Eights! (813 reputation)SSC Eights! (813 reputation)SSC Eights! (813 reputation)SSC Eights! (813 reputation)SSC Eights! (813 reputation)SSC Eights! (813 reputation)

Nice and easy one..Thanks for the question.
Rich Mechaber
Rich Mechaber
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)

As others have pointed out, the "correct" answer is wrong. Powershell is NOT an option in 2005. I got it right for the wrong reason: I guessed that Powershell integration was more likely in in 2008 than an RS subscription.

These kinds of versioning problems with QoD are common enough and easily prevented: couldn't SSC require all submitters to specify which versions they have tested their question on?

Rich
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.