SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The Oddest Thing

The Oddest Thing

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (531K reputation)SSC Guru (531K reputation)SSC Guru (531K reputation)SSC Guru (531K reputation)SSC Guru (531K reputation)SSC Guru (531K reputation)SSC Guru (531K reputation)SSC Guru (531K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Oddest Thing

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
PAH-440118
PAH-440118
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)SSC Eights! (890 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

The glass only has had orange juice in it. I t is a commemorative one give because I have donated so much blood. I have my di-cast Star Wars characters and right in front of them is a tiny spider that has been walking about my desk all morning. There are also pens, a plastic clip for a bag, a phone charger, a wipe for my glasses, a PASS sticker and finally a Bluetooth speaker for my phone.

simon.wright 24912
simon.wright 24912
Valued Member
Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)

My desk includes a small piece of Scotland, which doubles as a coaster for my coffee cup, and a bit of the Tatra mountains (Polish/Slovak border), the Rockies and Iceland. They remind me of the big, beautiful world out there when I'm stuck in the office.
Carl Landry
Carl Landry
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

Don't you have a piggy around? I do.

He's got a very good ear and can give you ideas or fix some bad code, when you can't see clear through it, after so many hours of discouragement. Just talk loud enough for Teddy to hear you, but not enough for your co-workers to notice you're talking alone ("Hey! I'm not talking alone. I'm talking to Piggy.").
I even had co-workers borrowing it for few minutes.

I have this small metal plate I found on the street a long time ago. I still don't know what's its purpose.
Ralph Hightower
Ralph Hightower
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

Palmetto Brewing GhostRider, a seasonal beer that is made with Ghost Peppers and cherries. It has some heat, but it's not overpowering.

A map of the 2017 Solar Eclipse with a craft beer that was brewed for the event, Benford Brewing Carolina Blackout, a black IPA.
hammackk
hammackk
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)

Juggling balls, fidget toys, the leather marker/eraser holder that I just finished making from scratch last week, the jaguar who stares at me when I drift off... Basically a carefully cultivated mess of how I like to portray myself. Smile
Jeff Mlakar
Jeff Mlakar
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (886 reputation)SSC Eights! (886 reputation)SSC Eights! (886 reputation)SSC Eights! (886 reputation)SSC Eights! (886 reputation)SSC Eights! (886 reputation)SSC Eights! (886 reputation)SSC Eights! (886 reputation)

I'm breaking the trend because I don't have and cannot make pictures right now - sorry!

2 things jump to mind:
* Dilbert comics - for years I have had an annual daily calendar. I tear them off and some lucky comics get kept because they are so good.
* A rubber duck (Idera or otherwise) - speaking your problems to to duck magically help solve programming problems!
Frank Powell
Frank Powell
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)

The oddest thing on my desk? Maybe the slab of wood as a cup holder (that my son made), or the 360 camera I'm testing, or the Tim Lovelace CD. It could be the wooden owl (my son gave me), surely it's not the pictures of my daughter & her husband with my granddaughter! Most folks think my keyboard is odd, or it could be the Dilbert calendar that I haven't took time to read since February 28 (hmm, it's May 25 already?). But the oddest thing at my desk is most likely the guy who sits there!
Ryan Besko
Ryan Besko
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)

I love my workspace and hate clutter. I'd say the weirdest thing about my space is I have an $800 surround bar and can play my music stupid loud. And I still use Winamp.
jay-h
jay-h
SSChampion
SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)SSChampion (13K reputation)

Not much now, other than my 80 year old Telechron clock.

In a previous job I worked for a company that made medical and dental x-rays. I returned from lunch one day to find a box containing a mounted skull (used for system calibration).

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.