SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

What Pizzas do DBA's prefer?

What Pizzas do DBA's prefer?

Author
smallmoney
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I prefer Pepperoni Lovers from Pizza Hut
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)

smallmoney - Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:02 PM
I prefer Pepperoni Lovers from Pizza Hut

I prefer OPBI... "Other People Bought It".

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
ManicStar
ManicStar
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)

Ham and Pineapple on BBQ Sauce Smile
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)SSC Guru (382K reputation)

My mom used to make a thing called "Upside Down Pineapple Pizza". It wasn't a tomato and cheese based pizza. It was more like a dessert and, man, it made my tongue throw a party for my mouth. It was GOOD!

--Jeff Moden

Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
Forum FAQs
Chris Harshman
Chris Harshman
SSCoach
SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)

I'd say my favorite would have banana peppers, sausage, and black olives on it. I'm not much a fan of Pizza Hut's crust though, there's some local chains I prefer if I'm not making my own. BigGrin
bmg002
bmg002
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

I like a home made pizza with honey garlic sauce instead of tomato based, chicken, onoin, pineapple and tons of cheese added afterwards.
Family Pizza inspired that one for me with their honey garlic almond chicken pizza. I just removed the almonds and added onoin.
But like Jeff, free pizza is the best pizza.
Alan Burstein
Alan Burstein
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

Thin Crust. Very thin and cut into slices not squares. This kind of talk has not popular in Chicago but my dad's a New Yorker and he brainwashed me early on.

-- Alan Burstein

Helpful links:

Best practices for getting help on SQLServerCentral -- Jeff Moden
How to Post Performance Problems -- Gail Shaw

Nasty fast set-based string manipulation functions:
For splitting strings try DelimitedSplit8K or DelimitedSplit8K_LEAD (SQL Server 2012+)
To split strings based on patterns try PatternSplitCM
Need to clean or transform a string? try NGrams, PatExclude8K, PatReplace8K, DigitsOnlyEE, or Translate8K

I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code. -- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

Ed Wagner
Ed Wagner
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (112K reputation)SSC Guru (112K reputation)SSC Guru (112K reputation)SSC Guru (112K reputation)SSC Guru (112K reputation)SSC Guru (112K reputation)SSC Guru (112K reputation)SSC Guru (112K reputation)

There are so many good types of pizza out there that it's hard to pick just one favorite. It depends on the mood. There's this uber thin crust at a restaurant by home that comes with a spare amount of white sauce and mozzarella. They add the prosciutto and arugula on it afterwards it bakes, soon enough to warm it a bit. This is the place that uses wood fire pizza ovens. It's simply amazing. They have great normal pizzas as well.

A chicken barbecue sauce pizza can be good if done right. So can a normal, meat-eaters pizza.

In the end, Jeff definitely has the winner: Free pizza usually tastes the best because somebody else bought it. Tongue

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru

Ed Wagner - Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:04 PM
There are so many good types of pizza out there that it's hard to pick just one favorite. It depends on the mood. There's this uber thin crust at a restaurant by home that comes with a spare amount of white sauce and mozzarella. They add the prosciutto and arugula on it afterwards it bakes, soon enough to warm it a bit. This is the place that uses wood fire pizza ovens. It's simply amazing. They have great normal pizzas as well.

A chicken barbecue sauce pizza can be good if done right. So can a normal, meat-eaters pizza.

In the end, Jeff definitely has the winner: Free pizza usually tastes the best because somebody else bought it. Tongue

You talking about "Shields" or some other place, Ed?

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:
Forum FAQs
Thom A
Thom A
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (34K reputation)

I tend to do a create my own on when ordering, depending on what my mood is. Normally, however, the "mold" starts with Stuffed Crust, BBQ Base, Chillies (or Jalapeños if not available) and normally Ground beef.

Thom~
Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does :-P

Please always remember to encapsulate your code in IFCode Markup. For example [code=sql] [/code].
Click here to read Jeffs Guide on how to post SQL questions, and get swift and helpful answers from the community
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.