Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 11,851 through 11,865 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (10/1/2013)


    SQLRNNR (10/1/2013)


    Stand up in the middle as if to make an announcement and commence the "fun"?

    Nope. But have something in mind.

    Panel cage match? Archery wars with the men that...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Grant Fritchey (10/1/2013)


    Stefan Krzywicki (10/1/2013)


    I now know why people hire wedding planners. Wow, this is a lot of work.

    Another reason I love my wife. We invited about 20 friends &...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (10/1/2013)


    Grant Fritchey (10/1/2013)


    Please. For purposes of employment, some of us cannot comment on politics because no matter what side I argue for, I'll yack off a customer or...

  • RE: Beginner, Expert, or Both?

    simon.crick (10/7/2013)


    Cadavre (10/7/2013)


    simon.crick (10/7/2013)


    I will probably get shot down again for saying this, but I believe people should stick to core technology and basic tecnhiques unless there is a very...

  • RE: Beginner, Expert, or Both?

    chris_masiero (10/6/2013)


    I really don't know if being an expert is even required for 95% of jobs.

    What would you call the level you reach once you are able to understand how...

  • RE: Beginner, Expert, or Both?

    Jeff Moden (10/5/2013)


    I believe you meant "competent" rather than "complacent" in the following...

    They're expert beginners, and since they can accomplish the things they're asked to do at their jobs, they...

  • RE: Periodic e-mail

    We are talking about this.

    We'd need options since many people want to be notified when a reply is posted so they can reply if necessary. However a "casual follow" would...

  • RE: how to creat the blog in sqlservercentral.com

    Actually send a note to the webmaster.

    We don't host blogs any longer. I'd recommend wordpress, typepad, or blogger for your blog. We do syndicate a feed from any of those...

  • RE: How to implement SHA-2 in SQL Server 2005 or 2008 with a CLR assembly

    Michael Meierruth (10/7/2013)


    Then I tried:

    select dbo.sha256Hash(o1.name)

    from sys.all_objects o1,sys.all_objects o2

    which took 46 seconds and extracted 4 million rows, followed by

    select dbo.sha256Hash(dbo.sha256Hash(o1.name))

    from sys.all_objects o1,sys.all_objects o2

    which took 93 seconds, as expected.

    Will anyone beat...

  • RE: IT Security

    Jeff Moden (10/5/2013)


    ...

    I guess that qualifies as a "rant", huh?

    Yep, and I agree.

  • RE: Printed Books Vs E-Books

    I like both, but when trying to work through something,it's nice to be able to cut/paste code from a PDF into VS/SSMS.

  • RE: Avatar gone?

    Not sure, opened a ticket.

    Works for me.

  • RE: Filestream data

    As Stuart wrote, filestream is not a data type, but an attribute.

    I didn't include a version since Filestream only applies to certain versions, but a number of them. The rules...

  • RE: Competence trumps a good cultural fit

    I read this as slightly unfocused, noting that we seem to hire for cultural fit instead of competence, but also noting that the design of open spaces makes it hard...

Viewing 15 posts - 11,851 through 11,865 (of 39,936 total)