Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 11,686 through 11,700 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Wildcards

    I still don't agree with you. I asked:

    "which of the following wildcard characters"

    To me that implies that [] is a wildcard set of characters. I think asked

    "can match a...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Thanks and a good holiday here. Quiet, with family.

    Personally I have no issue with stores opening on Thanksgiving. The first time I worked on the holiday was when I was...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday in the US, or having a good day elsewhere.

  • RE: Happy Thanksgiving 2013

    Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Personally, I would like to see some of the salaries go down, or at least the years. It seems way more often than not the players do not live up...

  • RE: Thanksgiving 2013

    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

  • RE: Core T-SQL

    pdanes (11/22/2013)


    Biggest skill I need is how to find stuff on SQLServercentral.com

    😀

  • RE: Wildcards

    Tom,

    You're being pedantic here in terms of the question. The question isn't which of these are single characters, which which wildcards match.

    [] is a set of wildcard characters. This can...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis (11/22/2013)


    Well, doing the job search thing is tedious. Thinking about applying for this position but pretty sure I only meet half the requirements. I think this...

  • RE: Not receiving daily newsletters

    Heard late last night we have some delivery problems. Not sure of the pattern, but a fix went in yesterday. Not sure if that worked on today's newsletter or...

  • RE: Comibing columns with null values as one row

    What does merge mean? It's not really clear from your sample data. I'm guessing you mean that if there's a null, look for a value in another row, but is...

  • RE: Space did not gets released after removing data

    I'm with Gail on this. If you need the space, then shrink the files, but make sure that you leave space to reindex or perform maintenance.

    If you just want xxx...

  • RE: Not receiving daily newsletters

    I've sent a note in to check this.

  • RE: What is SQL Server not good at?

    Luis Cazares (11/21/2013)


    Even if it's included in BOL, would people read the warnings?

    Most people having bad coding habits won't even read basic documentation and go for what they suppose is...

  • RE: Create Login Only

    I don't think you can do this. Security is a big deal, and this isn't a place where you want users to have permissions. I tried an "Execute as" stored...

Viewing 15 posts - 11,686 through 11,700 (of 39,936 total)