Viewing 15 posts - 11,206 through 11,220 (of 39,936 total)
nlion84DBA (4/21/2014)
April 21, 2014 at 8:54 am
Eric M Russell (4/21/2014)
April 21, 2014 at 8:52 am
Doctor Who 2 (4/19/2014)
WOW, Steve, you know how to pick interesting topics.
Thanks.
When I was 12, I still wanted to be in law enforcement of some sort, though I had...
April 21, 2014 at 8:46 am
This might help. Not sure if it's exactly what you need, but if it's running, this can determine some information: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/taylaf/archive/2010/01/25/determine-the-currently-executing-statement-in-a-long-running-sql-stored-procedure.aspx
If you have a trace or eventing set up, I...
April 21, 2014 at 8:45 am
Greg Edwards-268690 (4/19/2014)
Although attention to details is part of or job, I wonder if something could be done at some time to at least pop up a message that...
April 19, 2014 at 11:30 am
There's a lot to this.
First, encryption. I'd do the encryption on the data load. If not, then potentially you are storing data that compromises your security. You can create...
April 18, 2014 at 2:12 pm
Encrypted data needs to be stored as varbinary. You cannot also store the decrypted value.
However, if you also store the decrypted value, there's arguably no reason for you to encrypt...
April 18, 2014 at 10:19 am
If an index is used: http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2008/10/03/sql-server-2008-find-if-index-is-being-used-in-database/
You can tell, but restarts will clear your stats.
There's also a good piece from Kimberly Tripp on duplicate indexes that's worth reading.
FWIW, I'd make sure...
April 18, 2014 at 10:10 am
there are a few links here to help you, but let me ask you this. How would you do this without SQL? What is the algorithm you'd use?
Once you have...
April 18, 2014 at 9:51 am
I'd do as Lutz suggested.
As a side note, never commit changes in the Table Designer. It makes it easy to change things, add indexes, set primary keys, etc, and I...
April 18, 2014 at 9:47 am
rodjkidd (4/17/2014)
Greg Edwards-268690 (4/16/2014)
WayneS (4/16/2014)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/16/2014)
April 17, 2014 at 2:14 pm
WayneS (4/16/2014)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/16/2014)
April 17, 2014 at 2:13 pm
Divine Flame (4/17/2014)
I have written something on it. I may submit it today. You can check if it is good to publish.
P.S.: Like everybody else on SSC, I would always...
April 17, 2014 at 10:53 am
OK, now I'll be keeping a better eye on y'all. For the first time in like 3 years I have no trips scheduled and no speaking commitments in the future.
😀
April 16, 2014 at 1:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 11,206 through 11,220 (of 39,936 total)