Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,636 through 10,650 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Continuous Delivery for Windows?

    Gary Varga (10/9/2014)


    As someone who accepts all patches as soon as they are available, it sounds good to me.

    As someone who relies on DBAs testing patches before releasing them into...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (10/8/2014)


    Oh, and just noticed that I've passed 40k points again. Only ~3000 to go to get to where I was.

    Steve, btw, I didn't even get a T-shirt for the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (10/8/2014)


    I'm probably being cynical, but.... You realise that he's 2nd on the 'most active posters in the last 30 days' scoreboard?

    Yes, and he'll run out of questions soon and...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (10/8/2014)


    I must re-read the Elric novels some time.

    those are great. Found a few of the paper books 4-5 years ago and gave them to my son. He enjoyed them.

  • RE: APPLY

    Brian.Klinect (10/8/2014)


    Why was an apply used and not a left join? Is there a reason beyond just needing an example?

    yes. The inner/outer joins and APPLY are similar (as evidenced...

  • RE: A T-SQL Code Testing Guide

    Iwas Bornready (10/7/2014)


    I've yet to come across a way to test for everything. So no matter how much we test, and the more the better, there will always be that...

  • RE: A T-SQL Code Testing Guide

    Robert Sterbal-482516 (10/6/2014)


    Is there an inflection point for the utility of running the tests versus how many times you will use the script?

    Probably, but I'm not sure. I (personally) think...

  • RE: SQL login passwords that don't meet complexity requirements

    you can run something like mssqlcrack (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mssqlcracker/) and if you get things like "password", "12345", you can change those pwds and/or contact users to ask for better ones.

  • RE: Should we create an index maintenance such as Rebuild / Reorganize in the MIRRORING Server ?

    Agree with HappyCat. I'd set up the same jobs on both servers, but disable the jobs on the secondary. If you failover, you can enable them.

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Rooting:

    Dodgers/Nats

    Royals/Os

    and then Royals/Os series

    Predicting:

    Giants/Dodgers

    with a Dodgers/Os series.

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2014

    roryp 96873 (10/6/2014)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/6/2014)


    Can't complain, other than Graham disappointing again. I know he got hurt, but still seems like he's not getting targeted as much, or...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    calvo (10/6/2014)


    (disclaimer - my allegiance does not lie with this Yankee nation 😀 )

    Jeter, meh. Good guy, sure. Future hall-of-famer, probably. Has the stats and numbers to back it up,...

  • RE: The Next Five Years

    Eric M Russell (10/6/2014)


    Azure first gave us the ability to create a database, as opposed to just a key value store.

    Steve, perhaps you meant to say: "Azure first...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2014

    Can't complain, other than Graham disappointing again. I know he got hurt, but still seems like he's not getting targeted as much, or not getting open.

    Still, couldn't overcome the GB...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Eirikur Eiriksson (10/4/2014)


    Is it just me or does this smell like a spam? A quick search returned few similar postings referencing the same vendor on other sites.

    😎

    I suspect it's a...

Viewing 15 posts - 10,636 through 10,650 (of 39,936 total)