Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,406 through 9,420 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Can't release space of temdb

    Don't use the GUI.

    Use DBCC Shrinkfile( tempdbdata, 1500);

    Or something close to the current size. Just get it to run. If it does, then work on slowly shrinking.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Desktop

    Windows: 38.2GB

    Program Files: 12.8GB

    Program Files (x86): 21GB

    Lots of crap here though.

    Laptop (< 1yr old)

    Windows: 33.5GB

    Program Files: 3.75GB

    Program Files (x86): 11.9GB

    These are both VS2013. Need to upgrade.

  • RE: Can't release space of temdb

    You need to restart SQL Server. What is the initial size for tempdb? Also, what code did you run? Did you manually run dbcc shrinkfile?

    You do want to be in...

  • RE: Calculate User Payment

    I'd use what Jacob suggested. This an easy way to move rows to columns when they are aggregated based on some value in the rows.

  • RE: Can't release space of temdb

    What code did you run?

    What I find is that tempdb is hard, because there's usually a load in it. I'd shrink files, not the database, and shrink it in...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Interesting W10 experiences. I did my homebuilt desktop first, and it went smoothly. A mouse driver seemed a little flaky with hesitations, but otherwise the W8.1-> 10 had no issues,...

  • RE: No More Foreign Keys?

    ZZartin (8/31/2015)


    ...

    My opinion on foreign keys is that they are much less important, orphaned records are not necessarily a big deal and they don't prevent the application from having to...

  • RE: Surfing

    Lempster (8/26/2015)


    Steve, you are completely right when you say "life is short". This has just been brought home to me in a very personal way as I have just been...

  • RE: I can't start SQL server instance .. Pls Help ... Urgent

    The DB stores some internal SQL Server stuff. What, I'm not exactly sure, and why in a DB? No idea.

    However it's a stable resource for a particular build.

  • RE: Slow site

    We are looking. We had some strange networking problems between the DB and website. We have a ticket open with the colocation facility

  • RE: Sort Columns

    Can you show an example of what you mean? Without seeing code, it's hard to understand what you mean.

  • RE: Exam 70-462: Using Azure for the Practice Setup

    Also says if you exceed the $200, they suspend your services.

  • RE: Exam 70-462: Using Azure for the Practice Setup

    I believe free trial is an amount. If I look at the main Azure site, I see the trial is listed as a $200 credit in the FAQ. That means...

  • RE: Surfing

    Nice post, and thanks, zgardiner 4991

  • RE: Delegate view and edit of SQL Agent Jobs

    Does this limit editing of the job itself? I was looking for a way to let Dev A edit jobs 2 and 3, b but not 1 and 4.

    It does...

Viewing 15 posts - 9,406 through 9,420 (of 39,936 total)