Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,316 through 9,330 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (9/21/2015)


    Ed Wagner (9/21/2015)


    This might be something in place on your end, Brandie. The links in my notifications look normal.

    You are correct. Turns out corporate put in something...

  • RE: Data Liability

    John Hanrahan (9/21/2015)


    This is an interesting editorial. Do we need laws to spell out liability? I know that in 2 states PCI Compliance is mandated via fines if...

  • RE: Data Liability

    jckfla (9/21/2015)


    My biggest question is this: why is the information allowed to be connected to a public, at-will connection point in the first place? Isn't this just asking...

  • RE: Discourse.org

    Kristen-173977 (9/19/2015)


    The software on this forum is stone-age, as was SQL Team's before the upgrade, and I curse what SQL Team had before, and what is currently in use here...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2015

    I think I should just go get a part time job to pay for better prizes for someone. Apparently everyone double teams AJ Green and Dalton avoids him, Lacy...

  • RE: Can you fix the Highlight IFCode?

    Logged a bug. The quotes should be an easy fix.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Luis Cazares (9/18/2015)


    Why do they keep teaching this kind of stuff? http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1720978-169-1.aspx

    Then people wonder why there's crappy code everywhere.

    Student learns cursor

    Student becomes teacher

    Teacher teaches cursor

    Student learns cursor

    ....

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Premier?

    I always download from here: http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/. For the mobiles, I have purchased the version that allows dropbox sync.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Sorry, missed the "I".

    I don't use LastPass. I think everyone should use a password manager. Whether it's LastPass, 1Password, Key Pass, Password Safe, personal choice. Pick one, use it, encourage...

  • RE: Discourse.org

    We've debated it.It's still under consideration.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I wasn't implying anything about LastPass. I was just speaking to the way that Password Safe apps work across devices.

    I'd assume LastPass works in a similar manner.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (9/17/2015)


    A few weeks back, we were talking about password managers. Someone mentioned LastPass and I've been looking into it. But the odd thing is, there's no mention of...

  • RE: The checksum

    The way this works in most applications

    - I get data from the db, including a checksum

    - I present the data to a use that may or may not change something

    -...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Alvin Ramard (9/15/2015)


    One question on Ask SQL Server Central is just begging for a smart *** answer!

    Question: Difference between 32 bit and 64 bit?

    Answer: 32 bits.

    😀

    That's a good one

  • RE: The checksum

    sknox (9/15/2015)


    I said "No, never" because as written (with the incorrect order), the checksum Bobby calculates provides no valid information (not even a hint, as you'd get with the correct...

Viewing 15 posts - 9,316 through 9,330 (of 39,936 total)