Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 7,921 through 7,935 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: The Remote DBA

    Rod at work (7/15/2016)


    Steve, you ask would I like to work from home?

    YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

    YES!...

  • RE: The Remote DBA

    call.copse (7/15/2016)


    WFH doesn't work for me. I need the separation and the face time. I like the cycle ride to work too.

    There are definitely people like this. I have a...

  • RE: The Remote DBA

    Ivanova (7/15/2016)


    I guess a lot depends on whether you get more distractions at home or in the office, and also on your home commitments. My current employer has people located...

  • RE: What Happens When Naming Types

    It's a strange inconsistency, in my mind. We put all objects in sys.objects, except a few like Types. So we can have naming collisions. If you're a C/C++ person, you...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Ed Wagner (7/15/2016)


    Grumpy DBA (7/15/2016)


    Michael L John (7/15/2016)


    Well, I decided that I should probably take a look at the generator in garage. We had some serious storms last night,...

  • RE: Execute Proc at Startup Question

    It was a test, a test. Sheesh, I didn't even check that one into the VCS :w00t:

  • RE: Execute Proc at Startup Question

    Nothing happens. I created this proc on SQL 2014:

    CREATE PROCEDURE mystarer

    AS

    SELECT 1/0

    EXEC sp_procoption 'mystarer', 'startup', 1

    I then restarted the instance. After loading XP DLLs, the next entry is "Launched...

  • RE: The View Insert

    Fair enough, Tom, but I think it makes perfect sense the way MS has defined this and it works. The view references 6 columns in one table, and since they...

  • RE: Changing Replication Passwords

    Thanks. don't make it hard. Focus on just changing pwds and where, with the immediate implications.

  • RE: Talking baseball

    I don't think the ASG should matter. It ends up getting mismanaged for a game that matters. If it matters, don't change pitchers too often and get everyone in.

    Personally, I...

  • RE: Losing Rows

    So, depending on your scale, there are consistency issues in SQL Server. In flight transactions aren't shown in reports/queries, which can come to life in high volume systems with long...

  • RE: The View Insert

    You are all welcome, and glad I got a good one here. This was something I learned as well.

  • RE: Democratic Data Science

    Jeff Moden (6/28/2016)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/28/2016)


    However now most major sports, at high amateur and pro levels, use all sorts of analytics.

    And, most of the time, they don't...

  • RE: Changing Replication Passwords

    It is, want to tackle this?

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    WayneS (7/12/2016)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/12/2016)


    It's actually a handicapped equestrian ramp. The horse is between the structures. The right is a platform for an assistant to hold the horse....

Viewing 15 posts - 7,921 through 7,935 (of 39,922 total)