Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 7,831 through 7,845 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Identifying Cloned Databases

    TomThomson (8/4/2016)


    I think the question should have specified SQL Server 2014 SP2 and noted that it applies in no other release.

    You are right. Corrected.

  • RE: Identifying Cloned Databases

    ThomasRushton (8/4/2016)


    Preparing us all for Redgate's latest product, "SQL-Dolly"?, sorry, "SQL-Clone"?

    no, wrote this the same day I saw the DBCC command appear.

    I try not to do product questions.

  • RE: Defensive Programming

    djackson 22568 (8/4/2016)


    I love your use of the word idempotent. I developed skills in that area long before even knowing there was a word for it. Great vocabulary...

  • RE: How Far Have You Traveled for a SQL Saturday?

    Rod at work (8/2/2016)


    Eric M Russell (8/1/2016)


    Maybe local user SQL Server groups should organize van pools for out-of-town SQL Saturday events. Not only would it help mitigate the expense of...

  • RE: Moving Fast at Redgate

    Certainly the relationships among people cause issues in both private and public IT efforts.

    Moving fast, however, being lean, is more about a mindset and cultural change. It can happen in...

  • RE: Why does log file growth default to limited?

    No idea. Hadn't noticed as I usually reset things in production.

    My guess is that people tend to have multiple data files when databases grow, so you want to allow growth...

  • RE: Moving Fast at Redgate

    Rod at work (8/2/2016)


    What surprises me is to not see much interest in speeding up software releases. I'm not sure why that is, but it is.

    by? In general? RG?

  • RE: delete spamming Account please

    Yes, and it's a fraction of the total posts each day. While it seems like a lot if you get the emails, it's not

  • RE: Passwords Under Pressure

    Eric M Russell (8/2/2016)


    I use 1Password as my password manager. However, for the logins I don't actually enter the complete password but will instead obfuscate a common prefix. For example,...

  • RE: Passwords Under Pressure

    Eric M Russell (8/1/2016)


    Rod at work (8/1/2016)


    Steve, I don't have an answer to your question. However, your article has opened my eyes to the fact that what I've experienced over...

  • RE: Finally got my SQL Server database into Azure!

    Very cool. I'd love to see you write more details about how things actually went and what items you needed to change.

  • RE: Passwords Under Pressure

    LastPass had an issue, but not incredibly unsecure. The issue was patched quickly.

    It's not game over if your password manager is compromised. It's no worse than if you have other...

  • RE: Please throw some light on how this complicated query works

    You are welcome. Hope you solve it. Let us know what works.

  • RE: Please throw some light on how this complicated query works

    yes, your query is correct. Take out the subquery, like this:

    ( SELECT max(a2.TransactionEffDate)

    FROM CodeChangesdata AS a2

    WHERE a2.CodingNumber = 5

    ...

  • RE: How Far Have You Traveled for a SQL Saturday?

    butcherking13 (7/29/2016)


    I live in NW Louisiana and don't have a problem traveling to SQL Saturday.

    This year I drove to:

    Nashville(560 miles)

    Atlanta(595 miles)

    Pensacola(463 miles)

    Houston(241 miles).

    I will drive to Baton Rouge( 261 miles...

Viewing 15 posts - 7,831 through 7,845 (of 39,922 total)