Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 7,681 through 7,695 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Updating the View or the table?

    H Laforest (9/20/2016)


    But there is no data in the table. There is at that point to EmpID = 2 or 1 for that matter

    Why would you assume no data? That...

  • RE: Capture the Flag

    LOL, not trying to increase paranoia. I think this is really cool, someone using software to look for issues and fix them in real time.

  • RE: How to audit username and workstation information?

    I don't believe you can get this (or app name) in an Audit, which is sad. I think this is a hole.

  • RE: The 10X Programmer

    agree

  • RE: The 10X Programmer

    Jeff Moden (9/21/2016)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/21/2016)


    10X doesn't mean more code. It doesn't mean more functions or features. It doesn't mean 1/10th the time. It means 10x in terms...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jasona.work (9/21/2016)


    I have had a topic resurrected from the dead!!!

    I am now a member of that elite group of "dead topics revived!"

    Noticed the email alert that a reply had been...

  • RE: The 10X Programmer

    RenoChris (9/19/2016)


    Clearly there are 1/10 x programmers but does that truly mean we have 10 x programmers? It all depends on how you define x. If x is...

  • RE: The 10X Programmer

    Jeff Moden (9/21/2016)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/21/2016)


    Jeff Moden (9/19/2016)


    To be honest, I've yet to run into a supposed 10X programmer that's worth their salt.

    Look in the mirror

    Thank you for...

  • RE: The 10X Programmer

    Jeff Moden (9/19/2016)


    To be honest, I've yet to run into a supposed 10X programmer that's worth their salt.

    Look in the mirror

  • RE: Are You a Tech Company?

    Agree, well said, David.

  • RE: Logical processors

    Apologies for the wrong checkbox. I thought I had set this correctly, but I may have clicked the wrong answer item.

    Points have been awarded back to this time.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (9/20/2016)


    And here's your ranch error of the day for those who like farming, being a rancher, or cows.

    Beware the cows, for they are clever and will get even...

  • RE: Are You a Tech Company?

    roger.plowman (9/20/2016)


    No, no small releases to new systems (other than bug fixes, of course).

    The reason I say this is that new systems are not known quantities nor are they stable...

  • RE: Are You a Tech Company?

    roger.plowman (9/20/2016)


    I read the article Steve was talking about and it is based on the badly flawed premise "software mistakes have essentially zero cost". That is so breathtaking boneheaded I...

  • RE: Are You a Tech Company?

    wojnarkj (9/20/2016)


    Maybe I am being too critical of the choice of words here but does Mr. Jones REALLY mean "We should learn from mistakes, and not try to avoid them"...

Viewing 15 posts - 7,681 through 7,695 (of 39,922 total)