Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,401 through 5,415 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    The threshhold is 3 points, of which a report from most of you is 1. I get 3, so I try to tag them as I find them.

  • RE: The SQL Saturday Thread

    Jeff Moden - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:16 AM

    Crud... For anyone interested, I found a technical issue with my presentations on Indexes...

  • RE: Affinity Mask...

    I think you're on the right track. Likely no good reason. I'd turn this back to use all processors.

  • RE: The Data Submarine

    Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:50 AM

    I suspect there are radiators of some sort to absorb...

  • RE: The Data Submarine

    below86 - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:05 AM

    My concern is the environment, what affect this will have on sea life?  Let's quit...

  • RE: The Data Submarine

    jasona.work - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:30 AM

    I was curious about how this would actually work, were they using the equivalent of...

  • RE: The Data Submarine

    allinadazework - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:30 AM

    I assume that this is in fact a case of saving energy in terms of energy used...

  • RE: Microsoft and GitHub

    I think some people are driven by fear. Some want things to stay the same without any payments or profit, and some hate Microsoft.

  • RE: Removing HTML tags

    Follow the advice above, but if you need this, a couple things.

    You could use a CLR function, but really I'd suggest that you have a process every night...

  • RE: Career, Certification, MCSA?2012? 2016?

    Honestly, here's what I'd do: whatever is easier.

    Does the certification matter? The only place I think it matters is for searches. Some companies might just put this in...

  • RE: Better Comments

    roger.plowman - Friday, June 8, 2018 6:58 AM

    Comment correctly (i.e. generously and in the mindset of a teacher) and you won't regret...

  • RE: Better Comments

    xsevensinzx - Friday, June 8, 2018 5:31 AM

    I follow the Pep 8.0 standard when doing comments in Python. I follow...

  • RE: Better Comments

    David.Poole - Friday, June 8, 2018 1:21 AM

    I've just finished reading "Clean Code" by Robert C Martin.  It takes a dim view...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Thanks, Jason

  • RE: SQL Server Tuning Skills

    New edition of Execution Plans coming. Not sure about this

Viewing 15 posts - 5,401 through 5,415 (of 39,919 total)