Viewing 15 posts - 30,016 through 30,030 (of 39,921 total)
I'd be interested to hear about the MAC address. I thought everything sent in the connection was determined by the client sender, not the network or any automatic/authentic service. Since...
January 15, 2008 at 8:15 am
If the files are large, you still have to copy them. There's no magic SQL Server way to get them to the new drive.
January 15, 2008 at 7:35 am
detach, copy files, attach them again.
January 14, 2008 at 2:54 pm
Don't cross post. We see all threads.
Check here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic442699-357-1.aspx
January 14, 2008 at 2:54 pm
Depending on how you structure your SAN, you might not get benefits from splitting out on the SAN.
You have some good reasons, but I've not seen any really good articles...
January 14, 2008 at 2:49 pm
Did you have any filters applied besides the time? It's possible that something held you up, but it didn't take a long time itself to complete.
January 14, 2008 at 2:46 pm
I grab reads/sec, transactions/sec, and some disk activity as a baseline in addition to above. Nice to have when someone says "it's slow"
January 14, 2008 at 2:44 pm
January 14, 2008 at 2:41 pm
How is that easier than detach/attach? I'd argue it's easier to make mistakes with the alter database command.
January 14, 2008 at 1:41 pm
I'm not saying English is good or bad. It is predominant. Air controllers, bankers, import/export officials, government officials, all around the world, in most countries, can speak English along with...
January 14, 2008 at 10:06 am
Ah, good one Matt. Yep, that's needed.
My training company recently sent someone to a large company and they required $1M of E&O insurance. It wasn't too expensive, a few hundred...
January 14, 2008 at 8:28 am
Party at PASS in November! Games, prizes, probably no MVP poster, but love to shake some hands and meet some of you.
Use "SSC" as the source code when you register.
January 14, 2008 at 7:49 am
Thre's other insurance. Workman's comp, payment if you get injured on the job, isn't provided. Possibly you could sue the company, but this is basic insurance that every business with...
January 14, 2008 at 7:47 am
TOAD has been a load on workstations before for me, but it's a good tool. I have lots of Oracle/DB2 friends that love it.
Embarkadero has ER/Studio that's a good reverse...
January 14, 2008 at 7:45 am
Viewing 15 posts - 30,016 through 30,030 (of 39,921 total)