Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 29,806 through 29,820 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Weird problem of connecting to SQL Server

    Be sure you are trying to connect to the same server from both places as well. I've had people accidentally connect to the wrong instance, not being aware of it.

  • RE: The January Car Update

    Ah, but how many of those people do you want to ride with? That's the rub in the US, at least it's my guess.

    Trapped in a car with 3 people...

  • RE: The January Car Update

    Van is gone, so I'm not doubling up.

    We have personal choice and I certainly wouldn't want to be told I couldn't buy something new, or newer. I'm sure you wouldn't...

  • RE: The Easy Poll

    I have posted this for Microsoft in the MVP area. Hopefully they'll see it.

  • RE: Should the DBA be a Local Administrator?

    You need what you need. Either rights (meaning administrator or extra rights) or someone on call to fix things you can't.

    I've gone back and forth on this over the years....

  • RE: Need to shrink log

    I agree with crever. No need to do it if you don't need the space.

  • RE: 70-443... a grinder!

    Doesn't matter. Go with what you're more comfortable with.

    I did 443, 444, 441, 431 in that order.

  • RE: Naming standards for Database Users.

    Keep the login and the user the same if possible to reduce issues when troubleshooting.

    I'd go with what your company uses for email names

  • RE: Changing Organization Unit in Active Directory

    I don't think so, but I'm not sure I've seen this before. If the name of the logins changes, I think ithas to be changed in SQL Server. Note that...

  • RE: Call Exe from Stored Procedure

    exec xp_cmdshell 'dir c:\'

  • RE: SQL Server 2005 Backup Third Party Tools

    Hyperbac, Red Gate, Litespeed, all work well.

    The latter two are cluster aware, not sure about Hyperbac.

  • RE: registration

    The registration is something we require to get an idea of the audience and satisfy the advertisers on the site. It has driven the growth of this site to be...

  • RE: Fixing SQL Server

    I think they've done a good job with the "free stuff", especially with 2005 where it doesn't all install by default. I'm not sure how you get new versions of...

  • RE: The In-House Expert

    Wim,

    Good luck and be sure you think through the additional benefits the consulting company gives you as well as downtime. That's the reason the rate is high. If the client...

  • RE: huge .BAK FILE

    Leave it as full

    Add transaction log backups

    Use INIT, do not pile backups on top of another in one file.

Viewing 15 posts - 29,806 through 29,820 (of 39,921 total)