Viewing 15 posts - 28,531 through 28,545 (of 39,922 total)
Some good advice, and there are a few articles on this site (search naming conventions).
I try to get things to group, since that's how I use them. So everything with...
June 2, 2008 at 10:10 am
syslogins is a quick check for the sysadmin column or some of the other roles.
If you want a procedure, try sp_helpsrvrolemember (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa933412(SQL.80).aspx)
June 2, 2008 at 10:07 am
I think that you wouldn't necessarily put this on your resume if you'd been working with the product at home, but you can mention it in the interview. Or you...
June 2, 2008 at 9:54 am
I have a reciprocating saw, though I haven't used it there. Typically I've found doing the work myself means that I can afford to mess up completely once and still...
June 2, 2008 at 9:26 am
Not sure, but I'll ask around. You can ask for %complete in this command using the stats option. Not sure that this is what dm_exec shows.
Have you checked the log...
May 30, 2008 at 9:08 am
This is really a lot of questions for one post. I'd split them up.
I'm not sure about knowing which objects from which databases are in tempdb, but the size you...
May 30, 2008 at 9:03 am
First, I wouldn't use R0. Backups are important.
Second, if you run a smaller backup, say 1GB, is it a similar rate of things being written?
May 30, 2008 at 8:58 am
I'd start here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Articles/Access
Then there are some Access books I've seen that cover this. I don't have any off the top of my head, but I'd look through a few...
May 30, 2008 at 8:57 am
It can't be 28MB of memory. I doubt SQL Server runs in 28MB.
You must have something else going on with the box. I'd re-open the case and work through it...
May 30, 2008 at 8:51 am
I'd avoid surgery if at all possible. Used to work for an ortho, and they make lots of little mistakes at times, nothing major, but it might cause you issues...
May 30, 2008 at 8:49 am
You can read about it here as well
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Security/updatedsqlinjection/2065/
May 30, 2008 at 8:43 am
Tend to agree with Alex, but you have to examine where each query is slow. What might be making it slow. Look through query plans, etc.
May 30, 2008 at 8:43 am
Personally I think it might be hard. Most likely we'll have some junior or intermediate DBAs nominating seniors at larger companies.
At the majority of my jobs, meaning 5 or 6...
May 30, 2008 at 8:40 am
I think you'd implement this as T-SQL logic, a stored proc perhaps, and then call that from SQLCMD.
May 29, 2008 at 8:30 am
don't forget to check for pathing issues. I'd get the virtual names and then set the new paths in my restore server for every file using some standard in the...
May 29, 2008 at 8:26 am
Viewing 15 posts - 28,531 through 28,545 (of 39,922 total)