Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 28,261 through 28,275 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Restrict log file growth

    I agree with Matt. Set the logs at their peak + pad, and leave them. There's no reason to shrink them. As you back them up (or checkpoint in simple...

  • RE: sql 2005 cluster SAN issues?

    Is performance worse than the old system?

    I tend to agree with GSquared on the setup, though I'd check the cache on the SAN as well. For SQL you really want...

  • RE: The Vacation Dilemma

    Ian, all you can do is document as best you can. If no one will pick up the slack to learn the older system, at least you've done something.

    I'm trying...

  • RE: Update Query not committing and no error returned

    Could it be IMPLICIT TRANSACTIONS set off for some connection?

  • RE: Should you adopt the latest upgrades for your company?

    The ROI or cost/benefit is something you have to determine, but I think there's something else to consider.

    Is your company a risk taker?

    Going with a new version early, means you're...

  • RE: Team dynamics

    I've seen it both ways, and bragging doesn't always have anything to do with skill in my experience.

    If someone is right, you might be annoyed by their bragging, but they're...

  • RE: What am I ?!

    At this job the title doesn't much matter. However when you look for the next job, the title will matter.

    Really you've got a couple titles. I'd talk about this...

  • RE: In The Zone

    Hmmm, my wife just calls me :hehe:

  • RE: The Core

    Great comments and while I was thinking of technical skills, I'm glad you ran with the communication and problem solving items. Those are really important and if you were hiring...

  • RE: Creating view for Repoting

    Change all your tables in the FROM clause to

    FROM tablea inner join tableb

    on tablea.x = tableb.x

    The mixed join types might cause issues (ANSI and non-ANSI)

  • RE: How do I convert an ip address (stored in a column) to a decimal

    you can do this with charindex or patindex. Search for the "." and then use substring to pull things out.

  • RE: MCITP DBA numbers - so few

    There are about 150 SQL Server MVPs, about 1500 or so across all products. The number depends on funding and each MVP is evaluated against others in the quarter they...

  • RE: MCITP DBA numbers - so few

    There are about 150 SQL Server MVPs, about 1500 or so across all products. The number depends on funding and each MVP is evaluated against others in the quarter they...

  • RE: Login Auditing ...

    Not sure, but please let us know if that fixes things.

  • RE: From Developer to DBA - Wise career move?

    Congrats as well and glad it worked out!

Viewing 15 posts - 28,261 through 28,275 (of 39,922 total)