Viewing 15 posts - 28,201 through 28,215 (of 39,922 total)
Great editorial, Ted, and thanks for the day off (sort of) 😉
I have a friend who's an anesthesiologist. People will hear he's a doctor and ask him about something, and...
June 26, 2008 at 9:05 am
Points are awarded back.
Apologies for the delay. I was on vacation and this was one thing that no one else knows how to do (yet).
The run through of the question...
June 25, 2008 at 2:41 pm
Sounds like the EM instance is broken. Does this happen against any server instance or just the MSDE ones?
June 25, 2008 at 2:10 pm
We have a forum topic for job posters and a service on the left (SQL Jobs) for jobs.
Topic moved.
June 25, 2008 at 2:09 pm
Not sure what you mean? Can you run the proc from SSMS/SQLCMD?
June 25, 2008 at 2:08 pm
You should be doing log backups as well. If you aren't, then you aren't going to have recovery between full backups. I'd add in a full a day or at...
June 25, 2008 at 2:08 pm
The way this works, is a new table is created, the data copied, the old one dropped, and the new one renamed.
It doesn't matter which GUI you use, this is...
June 25, 2008 at 1:59 pm
How are you retrieving the data? If you select the data, SQL Server returns all of it, but the client application may only show part of it.
In SSMS there are...
June 25, 2008 at 1:54 pm
Turn off the machine?
I guess you could just convert the physical to a VM, save it off somewhere on tape? Maybe the same thing for the db?
June 25, 2008 at 10:20 am
That's very true. Many HR departments buy surveys and use those titles to set ranges.
Maybe that's what you should do? Look for a good paying title and lobby for it!
And...
June 25, 2008 at 10:20 am
Sometimes it's cheaper. Other times it means hiring a consultant or another job for one of us.
Look at those "mistakes" as opportunities, and it won't seem so bad.
June 25, 2008 at 10:18 am
Gail,
I'd be interested to know which one you pick. I looked at an O'Reilly one and went through it in 2000/2001, but then got distracted with some VB.NET. Would like...
June 25, 2008 at 10:17 am
Good catch, I'll enable that one and XLSX now.
June 25, 2008 at 10:13 am
I'll paraphrase my buddy, Andy, who reminded me of his core tenet a week ago.
Go with the defaults until you have a reason not to.
Normalizing should be a default.
June 25, 2008 at 9:47 am
Great comments and like many of you, I fell into this job. I was a network admin, a CNE in a Novell environment and we got a SQL Server. It...
June 25, 2008 at 9:46 am
Viewing 15 posts - 28,201 through 28,215 (of 39,922 total)