Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 27,931 through 27,945 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Utilising Schemas

    Schemas are a way to separate out objects and assign permissions. You could have all stuff moved into one of two schemas, which would make production administration easier.

    You still have...

  • RE: Permissions to disable triggers

    I think you need CONTROL permissions on the table (or all the tables) to do this.

    I'm not sure how you can do this directly in SQL 2000. You could setup...

  • RE: Backup Solutions

    Most backup solutions only attach to one server and you send files from other servers to that one, or there is a backup agent that moves files.

    Arcserve, Veritsa, BMC, all...

  • RE: Configuration Management of SQL Server using VSS

    You don't connect SQL Server to VSS. You would need to manage this from your clients.

    If you are new to VSS, you should spend some time learning how it works....

  • RE: Untouched Data

    I think I had an HP jukebox, circa 95, and it was always flaky.

    I'm not sure the cost of storage drops to make up for the cost of storing...

  • RE: recover database only have log file

    If the MDF file is corrupted, and you're sure, first make a copy of it and the LDF files immediately. That way someone can help you. If you can run...

  • RE: Maintenance Plans and DR

    Very strange. I'll try to test this a little later if I have time, but I wonder what happened. All I can think is that the package got resolved to...

  • RE: mssqlsystemresource database

    That's a good question. Did you check and see if SQL Server moved anything itself on startup? If it's working, I'd note it for yourself and the rest of the...

  • RE: Migration (of the person kind not the data kind!)

    I've been to Vancouver twice. It's a big city, spanning across the water, and I really liked it. It's expensive, but people were nice, lots of public transport, beautiful, clean,...

  • RE: A Good Case For Reference

    Seems like lots more uses for the spatial stuff than I imagined.

    I thought of another last night.

    What about some type of lottery/contest application that allows people to register/enter/purchase...

  • RE: Untouched Data

    I'll admit that I hadn't thought about retention when read this article, so very good points about how long to keep things.

    I've used optical jukeboxes, but they were problematic from...

  • RE: Maintenance Plans and DR

    The maintenance plans in 2005 are stored as SSIS packages, and I think the connections are buried in there. They should be in msdb, so you can get them there.

    I'd...

  • RE: Short cut key

    OK, I accidentally marked this as published instead of pending. I'll remove all answers, and you can re-do this one on the 15th.

    I guess it made sense to me. I...

  • RE: Working part-time

    I approached one employer about this when I found that they didn't really need a 40hour a week DBA. They did need some on-call, after hours support, and I said...

  • RE: Upgrading a database compatibility from 6.5 to 2000

    The compatibility mode changes the way keywords are handled in SQL Server. There were lots of words that were valid in v6.5 that became reserved in v70 and above (ie...

Viewing 15 posts - 27,931 through 27,945 (of 39,922 total)