Viewing 15 posts - 27,901 through 27,915 (of 39,922 total)
Very good comments and a few smiles appearing over here from the jokes.
Not that I think all british humor is bad, but I don't like the UK version of the...
July 23, 2008 at 11:36 am
I might also run a trace for that user and see if anything is happening.
Can you stop the job?
July 23, 2008 at 8:17 am
Strange.
If you need to save databases, I'd copy those, then delete the mssql folder structure off the disk. Also in HKLM/Software, delete the Microsoft SQL Server keys. That should let...
July 23, 2008 at 8:16 am
You'd have to post the code to get help on the WHILE loop. In general, any execution that includes a SELECT or PRINT will return something to the client. Other...
July 23, 2008 at 8:14 am
If you have other filegroups, you can also move the table to the other filegroup or set the other as the default.
Do not shrink the database regularly.
July 23, 2008 at 8:09 am
Herve has the only real solutions. This isn't tracked by default, so if you haven't enabled anything, you cannot go back in time.
July 23, 2008 at 8:08 am
Answers altered, points awarded back to date. Thanks for the corrections.
July 23, 2008 at 8:06 am
Probably want to pause the current server so no new users come on and get the other ones to disconnect. Or set to single user mode.
Then do the backup.
Once you...
July 22, 2008 at 9:19 pm
I think those were the big things. I've heard that quite a few MVPs feel SP2 + CU6 is very stable.
July 22, 2008 at 9:15 pm
I think you've tackled a lot here and I'll give you a few thoughts on the DW piece.
I think there are companies that build a well designed data warehouse. The...
July 22, 2008 at 12:12 pm
I think there's a sense of entitlement on both sides in many cases. Too often it seems there are people (management or employees) that don't want to go with the...
July 22, 2008 at 12:02 pm
I think this is because it overflows beyond 24 and the time spec doesn't show hours > 23.
If you want this converted, I think you need to do the math...
July 22, 2008 at 9:28 am
Tend to agree with Mr. Young on this one. You can be right, know it, and be arrogant.
Professional would be doing it, knowing it, using it when needed without making...
July 22, 2008 at 8:58 am
Some more info here: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/072108-terry-childs-rogue.html
I'd say that if you ever say, or hear someone say, "only xxx can do this", you have a problem. It's OK to have experts, but...
July 22, 2008 at 8:45 am
IT is often seen as a cost center, but you can change that to some extent by becoming a strategic group that works to grow the business, increase opportunities, show...
July 22, 2008 at 8:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,901 through 27,915 (of 39,922 total)