Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 27,826 through 27,840 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: DBA RESPONSIBLITIES IN SQL SERVER 2000

    This sounds like a test or interview questions, as Gail mentioned, and we don't solve those for you.

    Please put in questions that you have, but show some effort to have...

  • RE: BACKUP LOG WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY

    If you have a question, please list it. We do not want statements only posted here. You should have asked if what you think is true and not just left...

  • RE: Dumb Question

    Yep, thanks for the update. Good to know that.

  • RE: defending sql injection attacks

    Use parameters in your client side code as well. Don't

    Myvar.Execute "myproc " & myparam

    Use the proper parameter client side methods (add to the call as methods, not concatenations) when calling...

  • RE: Service Accounts

    Service accounts are administrator level functions, usually, so I, or another admin, changes the password if it's needed. So we never store them for that reason.

    I also never share them....

  • RE: The IT Employee Benchmark

    Actually that's a great question and probably worth an article or two. If Jeff/anyone else if up for it, send me a draft. I'm sure people are intereseted. Likewise Mr/Ms...

  • RE: Database Growth

    You DO NOT want to grow on demand. You want to set a size that will be used over the next 3-6 months, as Tom mentioned. Do it during periods...

  • RE: SQL 2005/Mgmt Studio won't close database on exit

    How are you adding to the DB? I don't see any place in there where you need to shut down the db file. You should be inserting into the database...

  • RE: ?applying log ldf from 1 server to mdf from another

    Unless the log is directly after the backup, you can't.

    The way this works is (over time):

    full backup 1

    - log 1

    - log 2

    full backup 2

    - log 3

    - log 4

    If you have...

  • RE: Backup Copy to Network Share

    How are the copies made as well?

  • RE: Moving System Databases from Standard to Enterprise

    sp_help_revlogin, script out logins, add them back.

    Might need to script roles out on the server level, not sure where that's kept in 2005 and how easy it is to pull...

  • RE: window 2008

    What's stable enough?

    Haven't seen any news about issues with it. I know that SS2K might not be supported on W2K8, they tend to support only 2 versions backwards (the Windows...

  • RE: Dumb Question

    This wasn't database mirrroring was it? I believe replication and mirroring, while similar, function differently.

    Truncate not being tracked in DDL triggers is a problem. I hope this is fixed in...

  • RE: Selecting from a stored procedure

    I think Jack has the only good way to do this in 2000.

  • RE: Update table names with owner

    sp_changeobjectowner

    you would not update system tables.

Viewing 15 posts - 27,826 through 27,840 (of 39,922 total)