Viewing 15 posts - 27,301 through 27,315 (of 39,922 total)
Agent shouldn't restart SQL Server. If it is, I'd call MS. Perhaps keep an eye on it to be sure it wasn't coincidence.
September 8, 2008 at 4:08 pm
There are very few secrets. Is SQL Server doing something that Oracle can't? Hardly.
I heard Jason Fried of 37 Signals speak last week. He talked about how often they blog...
September 8, 2008 at 3:57 pm
Thanks Keller, I've updated the feed. Not sure it's working, but that's the one I have from Mevio.
Feed broken at times, working on that, or I've been trying to get...
September 8, 2008 at 3:55 pm
Read the articles by Jeff Moden. He covers some great basics you might want to avoid.
September 8, 2008 at 3:25 pm
There isn't a good way to do this. You could script grabbing 10% of rows in all tables, but the issue is that you'll have FKs and child rows that...
September 8, 2008 at 3:24 pm
Is there a unique index on the table?
September 8, 2008 at 3:22 pm
Haven't seen the error, but I'm amazed it would restart the server. Did the SQL Server instance restart or was it Windows? Or SQLAgent?
I'd probably call Microsoft on this one.
September 8, 2008 at 3:15 pm
You have a syntax error there with the name of the column. What is the column name of the table?
September 8, 2008 at 12:20 pm
I think you're kidding, and I hope so. Soft Skills are important. Even in the military, where it's a top-down, no-nonsense, do what I say attitude, soft skills are needed...
September 8, 2008 at 11:46 am
1. order in the WHERE clause does not matter.
2. What's the dat? This doesn't make sense in SQL Server.
3. Not sure, might depend on the isolation levels set on the...
September 8, 2008 at 11:24 am
Haven't tried it, but this might help you: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Miscellaneous/31062/
September 8, 2008 at 11:22 am
I'd suggest you do some reading at the SQLCat team's site at: http://sqlcat.com/. They do a lot of work with large installations and you could get some data there.
As far...
September 8, 2008 at 11:22 am
You can capture the new database using a DDL trigger or an event notification. If you store that data off in some table, then you can track it. You can...
September 8, 2008 at 8:44 am
You could compress them, but you'd need to either Sp_OACREATE to grab an object handle to some zip utility or shell out (xp_cmdshell) to do the command line call.
You might...
September 8, 2008 at 7:49 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,301 through 27,315 (of 39,922 total)