Viewing 15 posts - 27,136 through 27,150 (of 39,922 total)
I'm not sure what you mean by code1 or 2 changed. It's a little confusing to follow your example.
Have you tried distinct to limit the records and then looking for...
September 17, 2008 at 8:26 am
Read how this function works: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/abouttn/flash/tips/tips_112304.mspx
It returns a bitmask of the columns. So image you have 8 columns (numbered in the order they exist in the table). You get 1...
September 17, 2008 at 8:13 am
September 17, 2008 at 8:10 am
This is one reason I really avoid the third party backups like that. The compression tools (Litespeed, Red Gate, etc), are convertable to native format. Some of the others aren't.
September 17, 2008 at 8:04 am
There isn't much documentation on these, often because they is no common solution. These errors aren't common.
It could be hardware or it could be some bug. Really you want to...
September 17, 2008 at 7:59 am
You can (I believe) separate addresses with semicolons, but I'm not sure you want to do this.
Likely you want some loop or process that sends xxx at a time, and...
September 17, 2008 at 7:58 am
Bill,
I think you did a great job (and thanks for the break for today).
This is one of those places where you can make a difference in an organization. It would...
September 17, 2008 at 7:56 am
Thanks for the note, and I'm sure everyone at Red Gate and in the community appreciate your thanks. We try to help.
Steve
September 17, 2008 at 7:32 am
Unrelated, like for another application? I wouldn't do it, but I think some people see SQL Server as a database and a single one at that. They don't get the...
September 17, 2008 at 6:49 am
Shouldn't, but it will wreck your indexes and create fragmentation. Why run it?
September 16, 2008 at 9:22 pm
Once you start restoring, you're applying log records to the database. The log itself doesn't get restored, but I believe that it's marked as truncated to the restore time.
To get...
September 16, 2008 at 9:20 pm
Patches are cumulative of other patches since the last service pack.
September 16, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Which results?
The alias ones? Use
where [10%] > 1000
September 16, 2008 at 9:13 pm
I'm not, but I was there last year and thought it was great.
September 16, 2008 at 8:33 pm
364k records might be more than 10GB. Have you tried sp_psaceusde to see the size of the table?
September 16, 2008 at 3:38 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 27,136 through 27,150 (of 39,922 total)