Viewing 15 posts - 26,581 through 26,595 (of 39,922 total)
This sounds like homework or an interview question. Please make an attempt to show that you understand some of this.
November 1, 2008 at 10:17 am
If its just job ownership, you can set it to "Sa" and you should be fine.
November 1, 2008 at 10:09 am
It will not create accounts. You need to create them before installing.
If this is your workstation, just use your credentials, but be aware this can be a security issue.
November 1, 2008 at 10:08 am
You might do well checking out the T-SQL forums here, reading the first post and then trying to come up with an answer.
November 1, 2008 at 10:06 am
Have to go with failed backups since those end up getting us called back to work. Leaving the wife with the kids might be the scariest of all!
November 1, 2008 at 10:05 am
Add logging to the maintenance plan. the logging from the job isn't great (as you can see).
Is this db in simple mode?
October 30, 2008 at 3:38 pm
You should right click Databases, select all tasks, then Attach. You should browse to your mdf files.
October 30, 2008 at 1:53 pm
If you have the ldf/mdf, I'd try attaching first. If that doesn't work, then try the restore.
October 30, 2008 at 12:10 pm
Michael,
Thanks for the response and let me say that I like your version better (sorry, Shaun). I wasn't aware you'd written it and I've been on SQL Team a good...
October 30, 2008 at 12:07 pm
Don't have to burn anything to generate power. Go nuke, I'm with David on that one.
Global warming, we'll never agree, as on a few other issues. Doesn't mean we shouldn't...
October 30, 2008 at 11:38 am
A flawed concept, perhaps, maybe even probably. I wish we could band together and better use our resources.
In studying economics, one thing I've learned, or think I have, is that...
October 30, 2008 at 9:16 am
I'd agree with George. Data/log separation isn't necessary for system databases. Or if it is, you're likely doing something strange in there.
October 30, 2008 at 8:08 am
Yikes, get back to energy. Ignore the politics for now. We all have opinions on the matter, and they are that, opinions.
I'm not convinced of global warming, but I do...
October 30, 2008 at 8:06 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,581 through 26,595 (of 39,922 total)