Viewing 15 posts - 26,191 through 26,205 (of 39,922 total)
Only if you send HTML mail and put color code in it.
December 8, 2008 at 8:44 am
Or create a quick VM, restore MSDB to a SQL instance there and then script out the jobs.
I'd keep a VM around for stuff like this, install Windows, SQL, then...
December 6, 2008 at 10:00 am
What do you need to do? Are you administering SQL or developing?
December 6, 2008 at 9:58 am
Powershell/SMO/DMO have various scripting methods.
Also http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Administering/2896/
December 5, 2008 at 3:48 pm
Indeed. I think that sometimes the choices of setting names is strange.
December 5, 2008 at 3:41 pm
Don't smoke, never have, but I have to say having someone regularly grab me to come chat outside was something I enjoyed, being upwind of course.
December 5, 2008 at 2:59 pm
You really need to dig through articles on the subject and then perhaps look for posts where people have had issues.
It's straightforward, but likely you also want to practice, and...
December 5, 2008 at 11:53 am
That's for an instance. It gets weird with different editions, instances, VMs, etc. And it's always changing.
Definitely call MS if you have questions.
December 5, 2008 at 11:51 am
I definitely dislike the shorthand that so many people are using, but I think it's a bit of a fact of life for newer generations.
I was slightly torqued about the...
December 5, 2008 at 11:50 am
and this is usually a client side thing to do, not a SQL calculation.
December 5, 2008 at 10:08 am
In the SQL Agent properties (not mail), do you have the same profile selected that you set up for the database server?
December 5, 2008 at 10:07 am
This is a silly question. We don't do all the research for you.
Start reading yourself and ask specific questions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb500435.aspx
December 5, 2008 at 10:05 am
Apparently the windows credentials are not getting sent through. Is this a service of some sort?
December 5, 2008 at 10:04 am
Networking, security, learn like you did SQL. Dig in, find some forums/sites/newsletters, and start learning.
December 5, 2008 at 10:02 am
Yes, you just install SQL again on the same machine. It will ask you for the instance name.
December 5, 2008 at 10:02 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,191 through 26,205 (of 39,922 total)