Viewing 15 posts - 18,646 through 18,660 (of 39,936 total)
Transcender used to be a good prep area. There was some talk that they were breaking NDA by paying people for actual exam questions, however I don't think they were...
August 24, 2010 at 8:12 am
You can't take a single table backup, per se. You can export a table using the export wizard or BCP.
August 23, 2010 at 9:11 pm
And for the gamers, I got this in the mail from Mom:

The B1 Basic module and C2 Advanged, Ghost Tower of Inverness 🙂
August 23, 2010 at 9:05 pm
It is amazing. If Mr. White wants to, I would republish it.
August 23, 2010 at 9:04 pm
Jack answered already for livemeeting. We use gotowebinar (Citrix) at RG, which IMHO, doesn't work as well.
August 23, 2010 at 8:59 pm
I assume you want specifics. Lots of script libraries, but here are a few I've found helpful:
Backups : http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Backup+%2f+Restore/62380/
Help shrink t-log: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/30026/
August 23, 2010 at 4:32 pm
I saw that from Brent. Paul is garnering lots of respect from the other gurus.
We need to get Paul out here in the US for some event 🙂
August 23, 2010 at 4:22 pm
Or if this is your local machine and you need debugging, or it's a dev server, enable those ports in the firewall.
August 23, 2010 at 4:19 pm
A few links for you:
http://blog.nahurst.com/visual-guide-to-nosql-systems
http://adamblog.heroku.com/past/2009/7/6/sql_databases_dont_scale/
I think consistency can be the big issue. You can't necessarily make decisions if you can't be sure of your data being correct on any...
August 23, 2010 at 12:00 pm
SSIS will move this data without intermediate tables.
I'd follow Mr. Turner's suggestions as well
August 23, 2010 at 11:53 am
As far as the restore, YOU do not issue a command against that file. You issue a command to the SQL Server, and it must access OS resources to perform...
August 23, 2010 at 11:15 am
This has nothing to do with your permissions. The permissions must be granted for the service account running SQL Server.
August 23, 2010 at 10:52 am
I guess it can be less flexible, but it's more reliable. What flexibility do you need?
August 23, 2010 at 10:47 am
Both Idera, and Red Gate (I work for Red Gate), have options to help with recovery with their Virtual Database and Virtual Restore (respectively) products.
August 23, 2010 at 10:00 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,646 through 18,660 (of 39,936 total)