Viewing 15 posts - 18,316 through 18,330 (of 39,936 total)
I'm closing this thread. It's gotten a little silly overall.
Lennie, I would disagree that others have accused you of anything or been rude. They have tried to show you the...
September 13, 2010 at 9:33 pm
bcsims 90437 (9/13/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (9/13/2010)
I don't often take the dogs, but they like the 2-3 mile runs I do.16 miles, haven't done that in a long time.
I like...
September 13, 2010 at 5:44 pm
If this is going to be the bad joke section of the thread, let me know when it's over. Not sure I can take more than another joke or 10...
September 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm
I don't often take the dogs, but they like the 2-3 mile runs I do.
16 miles, haven't done that in a long time.
September 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm
I would agree with Jason. Typically this occurs when you have in implicit conversion taking place and there is data in the table or code that is cannot be an...
September 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm
The Rockies are doing something. They were down 1-0 for a lot of the game Sat night (I went with my son) and then they scored 2 to win,...
September 13, 2010 at 12:05 pm
Is there perhaps a task in the package using this connection?
I don't have a 2005 instance to check this on right now, but can you save/store this in the file...
September 13, 2010 at 12:02 pm
Under Management, there should be a "Maintenance plans" folder. Click it, then double click your plan. It should open in an editor.
September 13, 2010 at 10:25 am
This one is good: http://www.amazon.com/Server-Performance-Tuning-Distilled-Experts/dp/1430219025/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284393802&sr=8-3
September 13, 2010 at 10:03 am
Note that with physical access, a Windows admin could find a way in. If this is just to prevent issues from Windows admins making changes, go the administrative route, and...
September 13, 2010 at 10:01 am
You can't get this from T-SQL. You would have to call some Windows functions to get this, and you can shell out somehow to get those from T-SQL, but it's...
September 13, 2010 at 9:38 am
SanjayAttray (9/13/2010)
stevefromOZ (9/13/2010)
can i take back my article rating somehow?
Steve, it's a pure form of plagiarism. But, why take the rating out for article. It's a well written...
September 13, 2010 at 9:19 am
Mike,
good points, although often we have the plans cached, so I'd expect that if I run a query regularly, I'm getting the same plan every time.
Perhaps this isn't a great...
September 13, 2010 at 9:18 am
Ultimately you need to test and get an idea of when it's quicker which way. It often does depend on how much data, and your disk I/O.
September 13, 2010 at 9:17 am
Please start a new thread and explain your issue better.
September 13, 2010 at 9:12 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,316 through 18,330 (of 39,936 total)