Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 17,626 through 17,640 (of 39,923 total)

  • RE: Dynamic ETL with SSIS

    If you have a question about something not in the article, please start your own thread in the SSIS forum.

  • RE: BACKUPIO Wait on SQL Server backup

    SAN. He tells this as an anecdote that a well tuned SAN can really fly.

  • RE: Issues with SSIS PACKAGE

    You really need to learn some terminology as you'll get confused, confuse us, and possibly make a big mistake.

    A cluster is 2 or more servers combined with shared storage that...

  • RE: autogrow vs Increase file size

    My advice is to set the space you need for the next 3 months. You don't want to manage space too frequently, and you don't want too much OS level...

  • RE: Live Monitoring

    It is, that's my neighbor's house.

  • RE: Running status

    Can you check what commands it was last running? DBCC INPUTBUFFER? It's possible that it's stuck and needs to be killed.

  • RE: Temp Table in View

    As John mentioned, more information and preferably code, would help.

    I would learn towards a CTE if you have temp tables you are trying to use.

  • RE: Issues with SSIS PACKAGE

    Craig is correct in that this is a network connection/visibility error.

    However I'm not clear. You say two servers, and also mention a cluster. Are these both in a cluster? Are...

  • RE: Data deleted - how to tell when? (using .bak and .trn)

    I saw a script from Kim Tripp recently that would restore to a point in time, and then check for changes, restore to a newer point, repeat.

    The script is in...

  • RE: Delete .bak files from a remote server

    Are the files in the main folder or sub folders? Make sure the Agent does not have a proxy as well.

    I tend not to run this from a remote server,...

  • RE: Live Monitoring

    Bob Lee (11/11/2010)


    I'm impressed. You should tell the folks at RedGate actually seeing this is what has me interested too. I sent in the information to have someone...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (11/11/2010)


    Plus it should be 'the valley of the shadow of joins'

    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of joins, I shall fear no scans, for thou...

  • RE: Live Monitoring

    OCTom (11/11/2010)


    What's the horse's name? I see you're riding bareback. A saddle would allow you to mount a bracket to it and have the iPad in front of you the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    WayneS (11/10/2010)


    Has anyone heard anything about Barry lately?

    I haven't. Just pinged him to see if he's OK.

  • RE: Data compression and the size of the logs

    I don't think that's true. The pages are smaller on disk, but in memory they are still 8kb pages. So it's not fewer pages, it's fewer IO operations that you...

Viewing 15 posts - 17,626 through 17,640 (of 39,923 total)