Viewing 15 posts - 17,296 through 17,310 (of 39,923 total)
You can get the maximum capacities for SQL Server here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143432.aspx
For MySQL, I assume you have some documentation somewhere that will show you.
December 30, 2010 at 9:39 am
For DTS, save as structured storage files. Use the runtime to execute them: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb500440.aspx
Note that SQL 11 will not have support for DTS
December 29, 2010 at 9:02 pm
I tend to agree with Toby. R5 has a write penalty, and to get large storage, you need to move to a SAN, both for IOPS performance and capacity.
December 29, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Craig Farrell (12/29/2010)
December 29, 2010 at 6:23 pm
Perhaps you want to explain what you are trying to do in the database from a logical perspective, rather than saying you want a login to own a schema. What...
December 29, 2010 at 4:33 pm
A login is a server principal. That login does not have rights to the database in question. Check your permissions.
December 29, 2010 at 4:02 pm
jay holovacs (12/29/2010)
Don't forget: any job that can be done from home can be done from a 'low cost country'
I'd highly disagree with this. Just because it can be done...
December 29, 2010 at 3:58 pm
GilaMonster (12/29/2010)
Some backup please? I don't know how to say what I've already said 3 times again.http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1039883-146-1.aspx
My $0.02 added.
December 29, 2010 at 12:00 pm
Do the databases exist now? Are they in use?
I dislike multiple instances because I have to make a hard decision about how to split memory among the instances, but you...
December 29, 2010 at 12:00 pm
Brandie Tarvin (12/29/2010)
December 29, 2010 at 10:16 am
paul.knibbs (12/29/2010)
Jeff Moden (12/28/2010)
I just love the way companies like MS force you to upgrade... at gunpoint. They'll still sell you stuff so it's not like they're all holy...
December 29, 2010 at 10:14 am
The images have been corrected. My apologies for the issues.
December 29, 2010 at 9:36 am
WayneS (12/28/2010)
(From a higher level) How to set up...
December 28, 2010 at 11:57 pm
Backup history is here:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188653.aspx
A backup is typically run as a job, so any information is available as part of job history: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms174997%28v=SQL.90%29.aspx
December 28, 2010 at 4:50 pm
Koen (da-zero) (12/28/2010)
No Question of the Day today?
Doh!

December 28, 2010 at 10:42 am
Viewing 15 posts - 17,296 through 17,310 (of 39,923 total)