Viewing 15 posts - 17,236 through 17,250 (of 39,923 total)
Gail is correct. While it will "act" like a 2005 database, the physical structure changes, and the 2008R2 engine runs against it. The code in interpreted as though it were...
January 4, 2011 at 10:00 am
Someone suggested sp_addscriptexec, but carefully.
January 4, 2011 at 8:44 am
I'm thinking that you can add a new article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms146887%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx
I cannot see a way to get around the snapshot, but if you have a snapshot of procs, is that a...
January 4, 2011 at 8:29 am
Nice job, Jason. Good explanation, and looking forward to reading about the other join types.
January 4, 2011 at 8:20 am
AFAIK, Gail is correct. You do not downgrade from 64 bit to 32 bit. You license the edition. The platform you choose is up to you. 64 bit does not...
January 3, 2011 at 1:36 pm
I tend to agree with Gus. Despite the good I think it would do, many companies worry that if they release this, they will give something away, or look bad....
January 3, 2011 at 12:32 pm
You can try something like this: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Stored+Procedures/tsqldoc/678/
January 3, 2011 at 9:53 am
There is still a small chance here that two people would run the SELECT at the same time, then one would get the update lock.
Ultimately, what are you trying to...
January 3, 2011 at 9:52 am
You might try restricted_user mode, which only lets Db_owner/sysadmin in. That might work for you.
January 3, 2011 at 9:31 am
I might also recommend Andy Leonard's blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/andy_leonard/default.aspx.
He is also doing a class later this year on SSIS. You can pick up an SSIS book as well, which will...
January 3, 2011 at 9:30 am
I'm not sure what you mean by transaction logging. Do you mean transactional replication? Or log shipping?
Replication works at the table level, and shoots changes across either on a schedule...
January 3, 2011 at 9:28 am
I would think that the 32 v 64 doesn't matter for most clients. There are some drivers on the server that might have an issue, but not the client.
Can you...
January 3, 2011 at 9:21 am
Ah, I haven't added it to the Zune marketplace. Should, and I can only say I've had a bit of the Apple iPod bias here.
The feeds are:
WMV - http://feeds.feedburner.com/SqlservercentralcomArticlesTaggedEditorial-Wmv
MP4...
January 3, 2011 at 9:20 am
Viewing 15 posts - 17,236 through 17,250 (of 39,923 total)