Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16,966 through 16,980 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: What Not To Say

    boulang (1/26/2011)


    It's not an insult to management, it's just a fact of life that employees need to go where they're paid best.

    I disagree with this, and IMHO, this...

  • RE: What Not To Say

    boulang (1/26/2011)


    Anyone who resents an employee that seeks his/her own best interests doesn't belong in management.

    Completely agree with that. See my post a few before this as to...

  • RE: What Not To Say

    kenny-892481 (1/26/2011)


    [p]So, Steve, if one of your employees receives a job offer that pays more than you're paying them, you'd prefer #8 from the list to which you linked than...

  • RE: What Not To Say

    majorbloodnock (1/26/2011)


    I wonder if this article could be followed up with "Eight things your boss shouldn't be heard to say".

    Are you volunteering? That would be a good one.

  • RE: What Not To Say

    tommyh (1/26/2011)


    I fail to see the problem with "It works on my machine". It could be an indication that the problem lies elsewhere outside your control and that maybe other...

  • RE: RAID

    marklegosz (1/26/2011)


    - Configure as 0+1, you can have failure by loosing two disks. But you can lose up to 4 and still be Ok, depending on the disks. (i.e. one...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I usually think about what my guess is, triple it, add a few days for vacation, whatever might come up, then list it as a rough guess.

    Actually chastised someone recently...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Yep, I am lucky. I try to remember that every day.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    WayneS (1/25/2011)


    What do I have to do to twist your arm enough to get you out there?

    Maybe I should talk to Grant and get him to have RedGate send both...

  • RE: Abstract critique - T-SQL Code Sins

    It's pretty good. There are two things I'd say.

    One, this part:

    It's impossible to follow every best practice all the time. Code sins are those things we do to our...

  • RE: Critique - The Modern Resume

    Thanks, Doug. Do you like "Building Your Brand" as the second part, or something else like "Learning to Market Yourself"?

    Or "Learning to Build Your Brand"

  • RE: add identity field to existing table with a clustered index

    Is this add a column or add the identity property to an existing column? If you add the column, are you populating it?

  • RE: An Introduction to Database Design

    kenambrose (1/25/2011)


    Now it takes a lot of confidence to say that to department director's at the first couple JAD sessions.

    I think what you're missing, and why people are...

  • RE: SSIS Design Patterns

    I like it. Not sure the 2009 or 2010 references are needed if you use this outside of the Summit, but it's a good overview with a few examples.

Viewing 15 posts - 16,966 through 16,980 (of 39,922 total)