Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16,726 through 16,740 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: BCP out

    Possible that -c is causing an issue. I wouldn't expect that, but a quick test ought to fix it.

    However if the data is wrong in the source tables, the bcp...

  • RE: SQLServerCentral Best Practices Clinic: Part 1

    tgarland (3/7/2011)


    Besides the obvious filegrowth setting issues mentioned previously, one thing I found was there was not much use of filegroups. One of the things I like to do...

  • RE: Avoiding Logging

    Koen Verbeeck (3/8/2011)


    taylor_benjamin (3/8/2011)


    Thanks for reminding me how old I am, and how long I have been working with SQL Server. 🙂

    There was a 4.21 version??? 😛

    There was a version...

  • RE: Avoiding Logging

    GilaMonster (3/8/2011)


    Koen Verbeeck (3/8/2011)


    If a data load fails, the destination table can be truncated and the load can start over again, so you would not have to worry about inconsistency.

    What...

  • RE: BackupDiskFile::OpenMedia: Backup device

    Thanks for the update, and a good catch.

    I might set a script to do all these things before and after the DR test, so that you have a set start...

  • RE: Procedure Cache issue ?

    I agree with Grant, follow Gail's advice.

    If that's it, please let us know.

  • RE: To Encrypt all stored procedures in a database.

    Sean Lange (3/7/2011)


    Another point about maintaining a system with encrypted stored procedures. If you do not keep the original script in source control you run the risk of not knowing...

  • RE: BCP out

    Then something went wrong with your import somewhere and the spaces were lost. Can you not do this?

    update trlc

    set weight = ' '

    where weight = ''

  • RE: Getting SQL Server Error - Please Help

    The protocol used is dependent on the client and server. It's possible that you have this client using named pipes and for some reason it flakes out at times. It's...

  • RE: System Crashing from SSC

    I'll forward it on. We do some image resizing in javascript, but it seems to work for most people.

  • RE: BCP out

    space is considered a byte.

    Is this 0?

    select datalength(weight) from trlc;

    Is there more than one row, so you should be getting a whole series of values here. Are they all...

  • RE: I need get an empty record

    It's not quite clear what you mean from the description you have written, possibly because of a language barrier.

    Do you mean that there are not records in the related tables?...

  • RE: System Crashing from SSC

    It works fine here in FF, Chrome, and IE 8.

    This page isn't any different than any of our other pages from what I see. There are flash items and images,...

  • RE: BCP out

    They work for me. If they are returning 0, then you have 0 bytes, no space in the field/row.

  • RE: BCP out

    LEN ignores trailing spaces. A single space is a trailing space

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190329%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx

    Use DataLength instead.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173486%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx

Viewing 15 posts - 16,726 through 16,740 (of 39,922 total)