Viewing 15 posts - 16,381 through 16,395 (of 39,922 total)
There is no "normally" for a hard disk crash.
What was on the disk that crashed, and what is on other disks on that particular machine? If everything was on one...
April 24, 2011 at 1:25 pm
I think you are confusing concepts. The mdf holds to actual data. The ldf holds the transactions that have altered the mdf.
The diff backup holds all pages changed since the...
April 24, 2011 at 12:52 pm
LutzM (4/23/2011)
Did you folks notice that the "Add to briefcase" button is now available for forum posts, too?
THANK YOU STEVE!!!
Makes SSC even more convenient...
April 23, 2011 at 6:59 pm
I tend to go the other way. I think I'd look to grant the CREATE VIEW to a role and add someone to that. I dislike DENY permissions as they...
April 23, 2011 at 12:46 pm
All the smartphone stuff and email has my mind decaying. I don't remember a lot of numbers anymore, but a few seem to standout for strange reasons. I rarely use...
April 23, 2011 at 12:35 pm
I'm not sure what you are asking here. What is a "condition" by your thinking and what relation does that have for files or filegroups?
Also, please don't write in large...
April 23, 2011 at 12:32 pm
Re: xp_cmdshell. It's not so much that people are brainwashed as it's an open-ended shell, which can be a security risk. You can minimize it, and perhaps mitigate any major...
April 23, 2011 at 12:30 pm
Interesting thoughts.
I think SSIS is useful, but it has a high bar of effort to get things done. The "code reuse" comes from cut/pasting, from what I've seen, into a...
April 23, 2011 at 12:27 pm
Thanks, and hope everything goes smooth for you this weekend.
April 23, 2011 at 10:02 am
Set up a view in Database A into Database B that looks for the names. Something like
create view AgencyNames
as
select name, id
from databaseb.dbo.AgencyNames
Now write a query in Database A (or...
April 23, 2011 at 10:00 am
Set up a second connection to the second database. IF you are wanting to combine them, it's more complicated. One way is to get a linked server between the instances...
April 22, 2011 at 7:23 am
2GB may or may not work, it's all about performance. Depends on the access patterns and load for data. If you can accept the disk delays, it's fine. I might...
April 22, 2011 at 7:22 am
I work for Red Gate, and Data Compare makes this easy if you are moving lots of data.
However the other thing you can do is export the data with bcp...
April 22, 2011 at 7:11 am
I have been hanging with the kids. That's how my daughter says it to me. "Oh Em Gee, Dad"
April 21, 2011 at 7:44 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16,381 through 16,395 (of 39,922 total)