Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16,321 through 16,335 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Best hardware configuration for sql server 2008 enterprise edition

    Thiago is correct. I would do

    Raid 1 - OS and backups

    RAID 10 - tempdb, system dbs, data files

    RAID 1 - log files

    How many drives do you have?

  • RE: Not Sorting in Ascending Order (sql server 2005)

    Do not count on the index rebuild to fix this. As mentioned, an ORDER BY is required.

    If anything was "working" before, it was coincidence, not causality. You could get the...

  • RE: Update statment is not working on trigger

    Please explain what the issue is and show all the code. You must tell us what you think should happen and what is not happening. From the code, there is...

  • RE: Best hardware configuration for sql server 2008 enterprise edition

    stick tempdb and the systemdbs with the data files on R10. You likely won't get a huge benefit from separating them, and I'd combine them first.

    Make sure you drop backups...

  • RE: Data Files and Partitioning Advice Needed

    Filegroups are about manageability and recoverability (enterprise has partial database availability). The file stack drivers don't perform better with more files. You aren't getting any parallelism there. Most databases have...

  • RE: Normalization

    Gentlemen,

    You are welcome to debate this and it is interesting, but please keep it professional and agree to disagree about things that you cannot resolve. Please do not call each...

  • RE: Less Pay, More Convenience

    GilaMonster (4/27/2011)


    I know one that likes to walk into the developers area "Why aren't you working?", "This had better be work" and similar statements. Any wonder she doesn't let me...

  • RE: Less Pay, More Convenience

    Stefan Krzywicki (4/27/2011)


    Sure, these are all just my anecdotes, but they're what inform my perception of the state of management today. I've also had some great managers who understood what...

  • RE: Normalization

    I may be wrong, and I'll admit that. However the "use" of the data in terms of when/how you might call someone is debatable. The data domain itself is a...

  • RE: Data Files and Partitioning Advice Needed

    You don't need separate files for each partition. I'd create a separate filegroup for the archive, RAID 50 data and move the partitions there.

    Your decision to compress things is sound,...

  • RE: run as administrator

    I might ask if you really need to run SSMS as an administrator constantly? If it's to connect as an admin to the SQL Servers, then I'd change the...

  • RE: Less Pay, More Convenience

    Stefan Krzywicki (4/27/2011)


    That mindset is unlikely to go anywhere. Many managers know that if they're not keeping an eye on the workers, they have nothing to offer the company.

    I'm not...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Unfortunately, I think some people are going to have to get hurt, and companies sued before they start to really focus on the quality of their systems and people.

    I've avoided...

  • RE: BSOD, Idera, Cluster Failover.... HELP

    Heather/Ray,

    Thanks for the update and notes. Can someone post back here the results of your investigation so people that find this thread with Idera/Cluster in the title know what you...

  • RE: Help with (easy for you) query

    strange. It's almost like you're running something else in that batch that causes an error.

    Does this work?

    select 1

    from dynamicsgp_utilities.dbo.V_sfvouchers

    where (sfid like 'EM-%' or sfid...

Viewing 15 posts - 16,321 through 16,335 (of 39,922 total)