Viewing 15 posts - 15,751 through 15,765 (of 39,921 total)
you're not doing a join here.
Also, what do you mean by exclude some dates? Is there a reason you don't have these marked in your calendar table?
June 26, 2011 at 10:40 am
Follow Jim's advice, but as a few hints.
1. write a SELECT that calculates the data first. You can do this for all rows, joining with your table of days. Once...
June 26, 2011 at 9:31 am
You can modify Jonathan's script to check for logins that have a used in a specified database, or just make sure you manually add those logins. There isn't a way...
June 26, 2011 at 7:52 am
GilaMonster (6/25/2011)
Jim Murphy (6/24/2011)
GilaMonster (6/24/2011)
Brain overfull. Firehose-style class. So glad I have a short vacation after this.
Awesome. Some day, I'll enjoy it. You will blog about your experience...
June 25, 2011 at 4:33 pm
ark.trofman (6/24/2011)
June 25, 2011 at 4:30 pm
Tom.Thomson (5/18/2010)
June 25, 2011 at 4:28 pm
I posted a note and Jonathan Kehayias wrote this: http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/jonathan/post/Creating-a-new-Login-on-Multiple-Servers-with-the-same-SID-using-Powershell.aspx
June 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm
I'd open a case with Microsoft. I've never heard of anything remotely like this with SQL Server that wasn't some programming mistake.
June 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm
True, you could need to match up SIDs with SQL logins.
Likely PowerShell could somehow run the script, take the ouput and pipe that in as a new batch for a...
June 24, 2011 at 5:30 pm
Doh!
Yep, Datediff needs a type and then the arguments: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189794.aspx
The CASE is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181765.aspx
basically you can use it in the SELECT or the WHERE clauses as
CASE WHEN xx then...
June 24, 2011 at 5:27 pm
I'd completely agree with Gail. Weekly isn't granular enough. I'd go with a better trace or logging.
June 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm
Note that this is a manual process. If you add logins to the primary, it should be with a script, and you should amend the script to also add the...
June 24, 2011 at 5:12 pm
Never seen anything like this. Unless you perhaps had implicit transactions off. Perhaps one started and didn't commit?
The SELECT should return the rows, however, if it's the same connection.
I would...
June 24, 2011 at 5:05 pm
That is strange. I might set up a trace that logs activity to see what is happening here.
June 24, 2011 at 5:01 pm
There is no IF() function in T-SQL. You're mixing something from another language in there.
SELECT
room_type,rate_start_date,rate_end_date,rate
, DATEDIFF( case when rate_end_date > '2011-04-16'
...
June 24, 2011 at 4:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,751 through 15,765 (of 39,921 total)