Viewing 15 posts - 15,721 through 15,735 (of 39,921 total)
Haven't had one yet, but please pick one to start and submit it. If it's this one, leave a note here, and then post a "not tackling this one" for...
June 29, 2011 at 9:35 am
Haven't had one yet, but please pick one to start and submit it. If it's this one, leave a note here, and then post a "not tackling this one" for...
June 29, 2011 at 9:34 am
The technical definition of the "cloud" varies as much as possible. It goes from web services, to virtualized infrastructure. It's elastic in some ways, but not as elastic as I'd...
June 29, 2011 at 9:33 am
If you need to run 10 no matter what, and then only run the 11th if all succeed, I'd either use the package management strategy with a sequence container, or...
June 29, 2011 at 9:21 am
What's not working?
If you have a driver to read the data from Sybase, it ought to be simple to use the import/export wizard.
June 28, 2011 at 4:28 pm
I'm not clear what's an invalid record that doesn't get caught. You aren't checking for xact_state = 0, which is a valid value.
The way you're doing this isn't what I'd...
June 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm
I say I work with computers, or maybe software. No need to go into more detail unless someone actually knows something about them and asks a more detailed question.
June 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm
A couple things.
First, replication isn't a high level thing. It works by copying over transactions from the publisher to the subscriber, which can be your production and test environments, respectively....
June 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm
If it is truly a master package, I might follow the advice above. If it's an 11th package that needs execution, you could create a 12th package that manages everything...
June 28, 2011 at 4:16 pm
Dave Ballantyne (6/28/2011)
Tempted to crank sarcasm up to 11http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1133245.aspx
Best left till the morning it think
I might ignore it. He or she is either a troll, thinking that everyone should automatically...
June 28, 2011 at 2:54 pm
The IP doesn't matter. SQL tends to work by name, and that's what's important. SQL Server tends to listen on all IPs that the server has configured.
That gets translated to...
June 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm
In AdventureWorks, this will return the oldest record:
SELECT cc.CreditCardID, cc.CardNumber, cc.ModifiedDate
FROM Sales.CreditCard cc
WHERE cc.ModifiedDate = (SELECT MIN(ModifiedDate)
...
June 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm
SSRS should do this, setting up reports, but that might be a lot of work. However it does subscriptions in the Enterprise edition.
Failing that, are you looking to generate the...
June 28, 2011 at 12:20 pm
Robocopy may work. I used it years ago, but I believe it worked for just this kind of work.
There are lots of options these days in the cloud, but for...
June 28, 2011 at 12:18 pm
OK, so to get a list of tables that are older than that date, this works:
SELECT name
FROM sys.objects
WHERE type = 'u'
AND create_date...
June 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,721 through 15,735 (of 39,921 total)