Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,091 through 15,105 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: The Sports Desk

    English as in the English dominated world. I know Irish, Welsh, etc. can be different, but they're bound under the same language for the most part. England conquered and colonized...

  • RE: The Sports Desk

    No science here, but I'd like to see:

    IRE v WAL = IRE

    ENG v FRA = ENG

    RSA v AUS = AUS

    NZL v ARG =...

  • RE: The Sports Desk

    BTW, noticed of the last 8 teams in the Rugby World Cup, 6 are English in origin (England, South Africa, Wales, Australia, NZ, Ireland). France and Argentina are the others.

  • RE: analyzing SQL memory

    Or are you trying to determine what this says about your SQL Server instance? It's not a bad question, just not sure what you mean. One thing to look at...

  • RE: Elementary Key Attributes

    Updated the question to say "select 3". My apologies for missing that.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (9/29/2011)


    Wooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    2 years, many, many weekends, late nights and a mad rush to the end (and I'm not even counting the ones Jonathan did), it's here

    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/books/76296/

    Congrats.

  • RE: Need user to Create/Attach DB and then be immediate dbowner of the new DB

    Paul,

    This is a very interesting issue. When you get it completely figured out, it would make a great article of the dos and don'ts for getting this working if you're...

  • RE: An Awesome Job

    Michael Lysons (10/5/2011)


    For example, recently I've been creating an iPhone game and I get more awesome moments with that than with my day job as a SQL dude. So, I'm...

  • RE: An Awesome Job

    Thanks, everyone.

    My awesome thing yesterday? Took my son to the start of a tennis class, but it was canceled (no notice, grrr) because he was the only one in it....

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Whew! Was watching the score on my phone while out with the family. Wasn't sure 4-0 was a safe lead, but when they got to 10 I figured they'd...

  • RE: The Sports Desk

    On the way to the UK last week, I watched the England/SA replay of the last World Cup and was disappointed. Almost a complete kicking game for field position.

    However while...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    L' Eomot Inversé (10/4/2011)


    SQL Kiwi (10/4/2011)


    I will, unusually, be supporting SA since the tradition here is to support whomever is playing Australia.

    That sounds like home, almost. The tradition in...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    skonagalla (10/4/2011)


    I am very sorry that I believed was performing a useful service by reposting some excellent ideas from other bloggers, and I apologize for not attributing credit to the...

  • RE: How do you learn the advanced stuff?

    Nick Parker-493169 (10/4/2011)


    Hi Steve,

    I don't normally post on the forum (tho read the newsletter daily) and have to say this was a good editorial, it's certainly got me thinking about...

  • RE: How do you learn the advanced stuff?

    Cheetah (10/4/2011)


    I find the biggest constraints to be time and available hardware. One would also need a sample database(s) just to speed things up.

    Replication, Failover technologies and disaster recovery all...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,091 through 15,105 (of 39,921 total)