Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 13,561 through 13,575 (of 13,878 total)

  • RE: Finding gaps in ranges...how?

    Several ways to do this. One is to create a new calculated field in your Products table:

    NumericID = (convert(int,right([productid],6)))

    and then it's just a straightforward query to find the next...


  • RE: Question for DB architects

    Having a single db for multiple disparate applications sounds like a bit of a maintenance nightmare to me. I would keep them separate, but perhaps create an extra database...


  • RE: trim space from text datatype using osql

    Not familiar with osql, but a couple of ideas ...

    It sounds like osql is adding the spaces - I'm assuming that they do not exist in the raw data? ...


  • RE: write multiple lines to DOS file with xp_cmdshell

    Tried and failed - same as you. How irritating!


  • RE: INSERTING RECORDS FROM A SELECT

    I think that the error message is spot on, just a slight change required:

    INSERT INTO Catalog (fieldname1, fieldname2, ... , fieldnamenn)

    SELECT

    catalogID AS [CatalogID],

    cSubCategory AS...


  • RE: Generating SQL Insert Statments

    Jim, I think that the requirement here is to create not only the table, but the data too - QA won't generate this SQL.

    Cheers

    Phil


  • RE: Can''''t get an outer join

    max(x1.Subaddeffdate) Subaddeffdate

    - Subaddeffdate is an alias for the column, and this alias is used elsewhere in the query. It is referring to the same column, hence no comma.

    dbo is...


  • RE: Turning query output into csv file automatically

    A scheduled DTS package should do this for you - it can be designed to create all 20 csv files, one after another and run automatically every week. As...


  • RE: Inserting datetime problems

    Try submitting the data in the format

    'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss'

    Phil


  • RE: Can''''t get an outer join

    OK, this is a beast, as you've got multiple subqueries to cope with the required GROUP BYs in tables linked by a LEFT JOIN. Query works in SQL Server,...


  • RE: Can''''t get an outer join

    I think I understand what you are getting at, but some sample data highlighting what you are currently getting and what you want to get would help significantly. To...


  • RE: Can''''t get an outer join

    It's pretty complex, but your problem might be in the WHERE clause, specifically the

    WHERE (((t2.Subrouteeffdate)=(SELECT ...)))

    bit. If you have a record in t1 with no matching record in...


  • RE: Generating SQL Insert Statments

    Maybe! Please provide more detail about what you are trying to achieve, as it isn't clear from your post.


  • RE: Get a Percentage from Integers

    Thanks Jeff - do you have any examples of this?

    Phil


  • RE: how 2 rollback in sqlserver2000

    As far as I know, there is no native support in SQL Server for rolling back specific transactions, though I believe there are third-party tools that can do this.

    But a...


Viewing 15 posts - 13,561 through 13,575 (of 13,878 total)