Error 21770: [SQL-DMO]The name ''(null)'' was not found in the specified collection.

• In Enterprise Manager whenever I right click on a database and try and view the properties I get the error:

Error 21770: [SQL-DMO]The name '(null)' was not found in the specified collection.

Enterprise Manager then crashes.  It's been working fine for months and the only change I can think of is that I installed Visual Studion .NET 2003 the other day.

• Does this happen for all databases, or just specific ones?

Do other users experience the same error?

Regards

Phil

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Tried another computer and it's fine.  I've tried connecting to a number of different SQL Servers running version 7 and 2000, same problem every time.

• Never seen the error.

Maybe it's worth reinstalling the client tools on your PC and see whether that resolves it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Before you go too far with reinstalls, check your SQL Server log and see if you got any Access Violations when you tried to get the properties of a database in EM....

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply