Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 13,878 total)
Assuming you have your SSIS solution checked in to Git, the DevOps deployment is a two stage process.
February 4, 2025 at 8:45 am
Nasty! OK, here is another thought. How about pre-processing the file and replacing every occurrence of
n"
(where 0 <= n <= 9)
with n~
Then importing the data, then replacing ~ with "...
February 3, 2025 at 8:29 pm
Some good input here, but I've run into an issue, that I can't get the team exporting the data to fix.
I'm getting data like this: PartNo,Description,Cost
1234,"Pipe 2"x6" galvanized",1.45
5678,"Frame, Wood,...
February 3, 2025 at 8:13 pm
I said 'add another THROW', not 'add another THROW 51000, '2. One or more stored procedures had errors, please investigate', 1;'!
Also, surely you want the INSERT to dbo.RunTimeErrors to occur...
February 3, 2025 at 8:07 pm
Did you add another THROW in the final CATCH block, like I suggested?
If yes, please post the code.
February 3, 2025 at 5:35 pm
No, only 1 TV is required. You simply run multiple INSERTS to it in your code.
To make the error appear in the SSIS Output window, you need to add THROW...
February 3, 2025 at 4:48 pm
Instead of logging your errors in a physical table (whose changes are being rolled back, I assume), log them in a table variable and then insert from the table variable...
February 3, 2025 at 4:17 pm
Which part of an SSIS project deployment do you think cannot be achieved through DevOps?
February 3, 2025 at 1:10 pm
I swapped things around a bit. Obviously, I cannot test it.
ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.RunStoredProcedures
AS
SET NOCOUNT ON;
DECLARE @FAIL_COUNT INT = 0;
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
BEGIN TRY
BEGIN TRY
...
February 3, 2025 at 9:30 am
I have never created a custom task in SSIS, so I'm not going to be able to help you with this, unless you have specific questions about C# code within...
February 2, 2025 at 8:41 pm
Try running the problem proc first (in a SEQ container) before all of the others.
February 2, 2025 at 11:00 am
February 2, 2025 at 10:51 am
Are you planning on using Events in a Script Task to do this?
February 2, 2025 at 10:47 am
This is a good round-up of what is possible with JSON and SQL Server. Well done on putting it together.
My one non-JSON comment would be regarding the following:
Always implement proper...
January 31, 2025 at 11:43 am
My translation software came up with the following:
Hello
Do you know if the use of begin try and catch can cause database crashes when executing stored procedures with high volume of...
January 30, 2025 at 2:41 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 13,878 total)