Viewing 15 posts - 8,686 through 8,700 (of 59,099 total)
I've had the same bank account for more than 20 years. I'd hate to have to wait for them to compute a balance every time.
A balance is one of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2019 at 9:37 pm
...nominal scales are never numeric
Please cite the standard and paragraph or other valid authority where it stipulates that they must not be.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2019 at 3:53 pm
another one thinks linking a c sharp program to a visual basic library creates a "tower of babel."
Heh... that would be me and, actually, it does,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Shifting gears a bit and getting back to the new forum software and speaking of data integrity, I think should get an award for averaging 1,440 posts per login. 😀
--Jeff Moden Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to Post Performance Problems
Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
September 9, 2019 at 4:53 pm
The really hard part is getting people to agree that there is not always a natural key to be had and that those natural keys that seem adequate are frequently...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 9, 2019 at 4:46 pm
Drive-In
This never goes the way you think/hope. It was: Quiet -- Riot -- Bang
I was hoping it would end up: Quiet -- Riot --...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 9, 2019 at 4:02 pm
Absolutely fascinating article... especially the "in a nutshell" history and "The WHY" as to what's happening with 2019. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do thanks to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 9, 2019 at 2:20 pm
I have to say it again, I love this article. Thank you, Gail, for writing it.
The only bad part about it is that the people that really need to read...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 9, 2019 at 1:16 pm
another one thinks linking a c sharp program to a visual basic library creates a "tower of babel."
Heh... that would be me and, actually, it does, cost wise...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 9, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Nice article.
My main problem with the fill factor is, that I can't set it per partition. So I have either to waste a lot of space in my old,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2019 at 11:44 pm
On the subject of capturing the SQL differently, Frederico's idea (which I missed because it took me a while to investigate and write the post above) is even better than...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2019 at 11:12 pm
Heh... well, now we know why the Audit table has gotten so big. 😀 The audit triggers are auditing the "poor man's" auditing columns and attempts at "poor man's" pessimistic...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2019 at 10:39 pm
For those that may be following this thread...
Mike provided the results for the code I asked for in a PM. He didn't want to reveal monthly counts, drive letters, etc,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2019 at 7:31 pm
@ Briceston,
Please see the first link in my signature line below for why Erland is saying what most of us are thinking. We try to help a lot of people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Gents,
First, thank you all for chiming in with the provided insight.
I have since upgraded to SQL Server 2017 for those who mentioned the usage of the older SQL Server...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2019 at 2:27 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,686 through 8,700 (of 59,099 total)