Viewing 15 posts - 7,876 through 7,890 (of 59,098 total)
I don't even know what "powerapps o flow" is.
If the machine hasn't recently been rebooted and the SQL Server Service hasn't recently been bounced, you could check sys.dm_db_index_usage_stats to see...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2020 at 9:47 pm
Thanks, Frederico. I appreciate it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2020 at 9:23 pm
Can you recommend a starting point for a scalable way to find out these insert/update patterns across dozens or hundreds of SQL Servers?
The answer there is "Yes" but I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2020 at 9:13 pm
but it seems that DBAs who manage tons of servers have come up with a set of scripts (based on DMVs or other ways of getting insert/update metrics) they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2020 at 8:13 pm
... but it seems that DBAs who manage tons of servers have come up with a set of scripts (based on DMVs or other ways of getting insert/update metrics)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2020 at 8:11 pm
Teaching a man to fish...
sample powershell script that I use to copy/move files from a drop folder to dev/tst/prod destinations - dev/tst are "copy" while prod is "move"
some of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 11:18 pm
This would all output to an XML file. You can query it using SSMS or load it into a table using extended stored procs and XQuery.
...which is why I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Teaching a man to fish...
If we use almost the exact words from your post, do the following Google-Search.
approx memory required for in memory tables
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 10:55 pm
There's another strong and unavoidable issue with TempDB. They've made it so that it follows the same rules as if you invoked Trace Flag 1117 (equal file growth of all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 6:29 pm
I don't necessarily consider myself a complete [expert] in SQL Server, but that feeling isn't based on any inferiority complex, because I actually don't believe most self...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 6:22 pm
I agree with the others on this, especially Scott. It reports a problem with the time being formatted incorrectly whether or not it includes the date or not. But, going...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 4:21 pm
I'm thinking that SEQUENCE is going to be about 4 times slower. That's just a guess.
Sounds crazy but this is fascinating to me because I work with some really large...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 4:04 pm
BAAA-HAAAA!!! Step 1 is to ask them how to get the current date and time in T-SQL. 😀
Of course, when you do find an expert, can you actually use them...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 2:20 am
No. I'm NOT recommending that you set a MB value the same as the MDF/NDF for LDF although they can be set the same. "It Depends". On what?
The LDF file...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 12:36 am
Thanks everyone. I have added a clustered primary key in our test environment but can't compare the performance as the configuration is totally different. When I do the 300...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2020 at 12:33 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,876 through 7,890 (of 59,098 total)