Viewing 15 posts - 7,006 through 7,020 (of 59,098 total)
Having trouble with the below formula. Technically I want to display it by a percentage with two decimal points but when I run the below I get it with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2020 at 5:40 pm
MS has actually provided complex formulas for years. But it's so difficult to come up with accurate numbers to go into the formulas, and the result is only as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2020 at 4:48 pm
My example was one of many. My point is instead of using exact points to try to hit an inclusive BETWEEN, use ranges that have an exact start and a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2020 at 12:48 pm
As to reorganization, I believe it's still best practice to use reorg for columnstore tables (I'm on SQL 2016). Full rowgroups won't be affected at all by this process,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2020 at 1:51 am
There's no magic formula to tell you the best fillfactor for 3,000 indexes. Or for 10 indexes, for that matter.
Actually, for non partitioned rowstore indexes, there is (it takes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2020 at 1:21 am
Ok... now that I agree with. Thanks for your time, Rune.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2020 at 6:57 pm
So why not make it truly easy on yourself and use a "Open/Closed" bit of code and setup. For example, instead of say something like 2.01 to 3.oo as a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Good question to showcase a new feature!
From a BI/DS perspective, this is potentially very useful for data profiling.
Do you have a short example or suggestion of when data profiling...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2020 at 3:24 pm
So, Paul... what are you going to do if a value comes in at, say, 2.005? That won't be caught by any range you've defined. Are you absolutely sure that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Heh... there actually is a way. 😉 I've presented the method to just a couple of PASS chapters and I'm working on some proposed articles for a "Stairway".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2020 at 2:55 pm
You say that you're "REBUILDing" indexes. Do you really mean that or are you including REORGANIZE, which I refer to as "Death by defragmentation"?
Obviously, I recommend NOT using REORGANIZE. It's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2020 at 2:31 pm
It's amazing to me that people will tolerate a built-in 2% error for just about anything. It's just not that difficult to maintain an active total for "big data".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2020 at 2:25 am
i also want some details
Details on what? Don't expect folks to read every post on this thread to figure out what you're talking about. Be specific or quote the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2020 at 7:57 pm
I'm actually a bit concerned about the original query because it basically returns EVERYTHING from the beginning of the table up to a point in time. That could be a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm
The U.S. Congress decided (wisely for once) that they wanted people to want to stay home without worrying about the bills. So they authorized an extra $600.00 per...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2020 at 2:10 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,006 through 7,020 (of 59,098 total)