Viewing 15 posts - 6,931 through 6,945 (of 59,098 total)
Thank you, Jeff, for your
very valuable comment. And I am doing that , too (top 10 worst , etc.).
but aside along from that, there is a specific question asked...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 14, 2020 at 3:01 am
SELECT STRING_AGG(d.value,',')
FROM (
SELECT value
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 14, 2020 at 12:24 am
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 13, 2020 at 4:46 pm
You're doing the wrong thing badly. You don't seem to know the table must have a primary key by definition; this is not an option! A row is not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2020 at 4:40 am
Here's one way to do this... it's horrible because, without a Clustered Index on the ID column, it takes 4 scans of the table and doesn't do much better with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2020 at 4:33 am
I believe it's because an empty string in Power BI is a value. Try using nulls instead and see if you get the intended behavior.
'' <> Blank() in Power...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Heh... sounds almost as bad as the default trace. We blow through that in about 10 minutes.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2020 at 6:45 pm
On that note, I'll see if I have the time to add it. I guess it's also time to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with them about their documentation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Yep... agreed. But you have to do something "special" for it to work. I guess I don't see any real reason why SQL Server should be any different except that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2020 at 6:40 pm
Still wearing SQLBits clothes from 2014!
That's a really long time, David. You should at least change your underwear every one or two weeks. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2020 at 4:40 pm
The only reason why I got it right was because it has bitten so many people that work in every company that I've ever worked in including me back in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Jeff,
Thank you for your input. I'm glad I asked these questions.
With all the replies I am still unclear about which language type SELECT really falls under. Just to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2020 at 3:33 am
We haven't supported tables directly. I was surprised myself, and it's on a backlog, but I think it's relatively unimportant. Most of the time, having DDL/DML is better for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2020 at 10:33 pm
I have a question which could benefit a lot from having a 3-column table as part of the content.
If you really want help with such a thing, see the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2020 at 10:32 pm
Honestly, a little excited to go vote for "this page is full of hooie"...
Let's continue to check out the "hooie" factor...
Since they don't provide any links in that article...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 6,931 through 6,945 (of 59,098 total)