Viewing 15 posts - 6,211 through 6,225 (of 59,098 total)
What is the difference between the second and the third answer?
Well, nothing reading the text for both answers. The fact that both answers were used is probably interesting...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Okay, I felt this would be more efficient and extensible ti done in SQL server, and I guess I thought it would be easier, but thanks I will do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2020 at 1:56 pm
You can take this further and split the rows into columns like this
DECLARE @XMLData xml;
SET @XMLData = '<PlaceDescriptions>
<descriptions>0|Home</descriptions>
<descriptions>1|Office|False</descriptions>
<descriptions>2|Play Ground</descriptions>
<descriptions>3|School|True</descriptions>
<descriptions>4|Movie Hall</descriptions>
</PlaceDescriptions>';
WITH cteXML AS (
SELECT ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2020 at 2:38 am
You deleted,/truncated a large amount of data, your database physical size does not autoshrink. Many suggest pre growing your data files. If you are certain that your database...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2020 at 2:24 am
Heh... you're such a "NOTty" boy! 😀 I haven't seen syntax like that in a very long time. Lot's of bloody != but incredibly little !< and !>.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2020 at 2:14 am
Sorry. I don't care if I'm not the actual owner of their software even if I've bought a license for it... they need to make turning such monitoring off a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2020 at 2:01 am
I am running it in the edit window. I have done BCP here before but it was a long time ago. Do I need to rewrite this or some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2020 at 1:40 am
I am running it in SSMS. the site I got this form seems to be doing it here, but I could be wrong.
If you're running the command from an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2020 at 6:43 pm
The double quote at the end of the SQL query ism't matched by a double quote at the beginning of the query. It isn't needed, anyway.
Actually, it is matched. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Step one is to look at your code and, using only the code for direction, tell me which database you want the code to run against. Yeah... I'm pretty sure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2020 at 11:00 pm
... They did start to talk about how Page Density is also important but not to any great extent (pun intended) 😀
I think the podcast should fit 1 hour...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2020 at 2:29 pm
Gotta love it when SQL can't guess how long the rollback will take so it tells you 0% and 0 seconds. I've seen that before and there is that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2020 at 2:15 pm
I was thinking more about this - realized we can do this:
SELECT weekend_day_count=y/7-x/7+(y+1)/7-(x-1)/7
FROM (VALUES(DATEDIFF(DAY,-53690,'1899-01-01') + 1,DATEDIFF(DAY,-53690,'1900-01-14') + 1))x(x,y)
We can specify the anchor date as 1753-01-01 (-53690) and then add...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2020 at 12:34 pm
Just curious... where are the original "from" and "to" values coming from? I ask because, if we know that, we might be able to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2020 at 9:07 pm
Just a shot in then dark (which I can help with), does anything in the job make a call to xp_CmdShell?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 6,211 through 6,225 (of 59,098 total)