Viewing 15 posts - 6,166 through 6,180 (of 59,098 total)
It is now entirely plausible to practically track our every movement using nano sized RFID chips or "nano dust", of the type developed by Hitachi, each of which contain...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Yes, the target table has a identity column, the said "disable" identity column means I set the identity column No under the table's identity specification.
actually, the indentity column is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2020 at 5:00 pm
There is no "Disable" for Identity columns. Either it exists or it does not. The best you can do if it exists is to SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON when trying to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2020 at 2:41 am
You do realize that by setting your database to SIMPLE that you just broke your logfile chain if one existed, right?
Shifting gears back to the problem at hand.... what is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2020 at 1:43 am
I'm getting old so I have to stay away from open flame to avoid gaslighting. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Dammit... I made myself hungry typing that.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 4:02 pm
I must admit, I tire of seeing the same questions on SO day in day out at times, along with the lack of people that have heard of a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Someday maybe I'll revisit SO but for now I'm just sick of it.
It's funny... every once in a while, I go back for a look-see... I'm quickly reminded as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 2:55 pm
Hi,
We are looking into the monitoring software foglights? any thoughts?
In all seriousness, what is it that you think you want to monitor and what benefits do you think it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 2:49 pm
As a bit of a sidebar, if you're updating the proverbial "millions of rows", it may be better to disable most (not the ones that are unique because they may...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 2:35 pm
as it was said in the title, which we should pay attention to when optimizing insert?delete?update sql statement? thanks
The following points is what I know :
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 1:56 pm
One thing to look out for is UPDATEs that significantly expand the size of varchar columns because that can cause page splits which can be a real performance issue,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 1:36 pm
Table has around approx 2 million rows over a million column in the index has a single value and the top 3 values overall cover 3/4 of all records....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 12:53 pm
In other words, "Make it work, make it fast, make it pretty... and it's not done 'til it's pretty".
Couldn't help be reminded of the old saying: "You can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 2:09 am
There's a lot here. I'm not sure I am 100% clear about what you are looking for. I will take stab at what I think I understand you are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2020 at 1:13 am
Viewing 15 posts - 6,166 through 6,180 (of 59,098 total)